Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 4:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Launcher Not Installing Downloaded Custom Content
I have my custom content showing up in the downloaded content section, but when I click install, it brings up the little loading screen and then crashes. It says that it's not responding. I already have installed CC and it'll allow me to download one or two and then it just straight up refuses to install anything else. It's really frustrating. Even if I'm only trying to download a single piece of cc, it crashes. I don't know if it's the piece of custom content or something else. I was wondering if there's a way to fix this or how to fix this. I appreciate the help.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 4:21 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 15th Jul 2019 at 4:31 PM.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Launcher_Issues has several things you can try. Hopefully one of them will fix your problem.
(Note: the only reason I found this link was because I knew it was there someplace. )

You can also try individually going to each sims3pack and "open"ing it outside the game. This -should- bring up the launcher. (since that is the program that is supposed to have a file association with sims3packs. If not, it's easy enough to fix that, or just "Open With") Then try to install one at a time.

Additionally, go into Downloads, move everything that has been installed to a safe spot somewhere else, and see if your Launcher was just reading too much stuff. Once a Sims3pack is installed, your Downloads folder is just a backup storage for them. They don't need to live there, and it's better if they don't.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 2:49 PM
Thank you