Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Buy Mode, Decor, Miscellaneous Decor moves so slow
when i open the Buy Mode- Decor- Miscellaneous Decor it takes forever to open and then when i try to place things they move so slow around. Is there a reason this happens. no other box does this the plumbing appliances surfaces nothing just the decor, miscellaneous decor.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:50 AM
It's a normal thing. It's because there are a lot of decour entries and the game has to load them all. The slower your hard drive speed is, the longer it will take.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:33 AM
if i add a hard drive to my computer will that help?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:02 PM
I seriously doubt it would. I suspect there may be plenty of available space still on your hard drive. The thing that makes a computer a gaming computer is mostly the graphics card but you also need processor powerful enough to run it. I see you have a post about collection folders (can't tell if your doing process right from limited info in your post) and S3pe(which I suspect you are trying to merge packages with). The Sims 3 can be a laggy game even with the best setup people have available and there are many posts about this and optimizing the game you can look through. Collection folders, merging packages(either with S3PE or CC magic), optimizing their computer, and getting new hardware are all steps people use(some more expensive than others). I would not recommend buying anything until you have tried other steps to speed up play if you can as that can be expensive.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:38 PM
secondary drive may help overall with efficiency (because in theory you can use two (or more) independent SATA channels or multiple PCI trunked lanes 2x2 or 4x2, depends of the hardware), as long as the system and the data (including swap) are separated. Though, real benefits are not so high in this scenario. SSD will help definitelly (better drives are able to fill the whole SATA III bandwidth, not mentioning PCI ones).

If you have a lot of RAM, try to play with RAMDisk.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"