Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 3:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sliders not working, and changes not sticking
I have two problems with sliders. The first is that, even though I have NRAAS MasterController, some base game sliders stop working when I install CC sliders, even though with all CC sliders installed I don't exceed 100 (the max allowed I set through MC). Which now leads to my second problem. When I want to make changes with the CC sliders, I install them, make the changes, and exit CAS. The changes still reflect on the Sim, even after I save the game file. But when I exit the game and shut down, remove the CC sliders from my CC Mods folder, and reopen the game, the changes to the Sim disappear.

So, in summary: Even though my total slider count doesn't exceed 100, CC sliders make base game sliders stop working, and even though I read that changes will stick even if the slider is removed, that isn't the case and all changes disappear once I remove the CC sliders from my Mods folder.

Does anyone understand why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it? Thank you in advance! This MTS community is always so helpful; I truly appreciate it!

goderguy
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:31 PM
I also used to believe that when sliders were removed the changes remained until something happened to change the sim's appearance. I even seriously hurt someone's feelings (totally by accident) when I disagreed with him on that issue. But it turns out that those of us who thought that the changes remained were in the habit of making fairly subtle changes using the CC sliders, and then not noticing when they reverted because there is always a difference in how the sim looks in CAS and in-game anyway, especially if you're stuck with medium sim detail (or even worse, low sim detail.)

It turns out that this is not the case. When you remove the sliders, you remove the effects of the sliders. This is normal.

So, is it all CC sliders that cause trouble, or can you narrow it down to just a few of them? (Take out half, check each set, split a set in half and check both halves of it, repeat with the other set, etc.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:50 PM
I would also suggest raising the max slider count in MC to something like 200 to see if that improves things. The max can be reached on a particular slider category without the total being over 100 and that can cause problems. Not sure how or why raising the total helps, but I seem to have gotten relief from that in the past.

Also note that if you use CmarNYC's XCAS (this is a Core Mod) alongside of MC, the number of sliders that the two mods are told are the maximum must match. On XCAS, that is done by way of an extra tuning file.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 4:38 AM
Thank you both for replying. I upped the max slider count to 250, and I'll see if that corrects the problem. I only have MC, so I don't have any core mod to adjust. And if that doesn't work, I will try to narrow the culprit CC sliders down by the trial and error method. Stay tuned...

goderguy
Inventor
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:01 PM
I was under the impression that for the face changes to stick the sliders need to stay in the mods folder. I thought thats why custom sims creators always include sliders used in the zip file with the sim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 5:23 PM
Update: increasing the max slider count to 250 didn’t work. No chin or jaw sliders work with all CC sliders installed, and a few other random ones also don’t work, whereas others in the same category do. There are no CC sliders appearing in the chin or jaw areas. Tonight I will start testing to see which CC sliders are causing the issues. To be continued...

goderguy