Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 3:28 PM
Default New server ordered
Hi All,

Well, I've put in an order for a dedicated server to run the site, which hopefully will be up and running with a test environment soon

So we'll be bringing back the adult downloads, but we have yet to work out how they'll work exactly. The entire site, though, will run much better as a result

I'll update in a few days with some more news about this.

Regards
Delphy
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 5:16 PM
Totally cool...
Banned
#3 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 7:18 PM
how much bandwisth does this server have
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 8:16 PM
A lot. But we will be implementing some bandwidth limiters so it doesn't go crazy.
#5 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 9:51 PM
On the adult downloads, you can limit the total download size per person per day. That should help to a point.
Banned
#6 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 12:53 AM
how much is a lot ...1000?

you can also on servers programme it to not let peeps download another file until 5 or 10 mins later. this will stop peeps downloading multiple files at a time.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 3:17 AM
If you be interested, I'll be setting up shop in the next month or so. Would be happy to mirror some files and help balance the load a bit. I'll have plenty of space and bandwidth. [email protected] if interested.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Oct 2004 at 4:27 AM
I'll say I don't mind having a limit to the adult downloads I could download in a certain timeframe. I mean if it's between free download but limited downloads per day/time, versus paying money I don't have to spare and downloading unlimited; I'll take the limited free downloads with a smile and a BIG thank you .