Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:52 AM
Default Sims 4 conflicting CC
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with conflicting CC in Sims 4 which I am still trying to find a solution for.

Basically, the game loads normally but, as soon as I try to start a new game (which leads me to CAS), it freezes.

I have all EP/GP/SP installed and, of course, the game is updated.

I have my CC very well organized in folders/subfolders and, since it is mostly furniture stuff, I made subfolders like Kitchen, Living Room etc. to easily sort every set out.

Ever since I installed Seasons I encountered issues with my CC, but I thought updating it could have helped. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

In the past, the 50/50 method combined with Sims 4 Studio's fixes were more than enough to solve any issue. This time though, it seems different.

I am still proceeding with the 50/50 method but something very weird is happening: sometimes the game plays normally after adding a folder, sometimes it freezes in CAS with the very same folder included which proved to be (apparently) ok just a few minutes before. Of course, I have to start the 50/50 method all over again, which is driving me crazy because it's taking forever to try to understand which files are good and which are not.

Please note I did NOT placed back my Script folder into the Mods yet: I just have a couple of scripts and I will update them as soon as I manage to finally play the game again with CC. So, Scripts are not causing this issue.

What I tried so far to solve the issue:

-Repairing the game in Origin

-The reset of the Sims 4 folder by changing its name (and letting the game create a new The Sims 4 folder: for the record, the game plays normally without CC)

-The 50/50 method (still doing it, since I have to test a folder more than once). I delete localthumbcache.package and cachestr folder every time I launch the game.

-As far as I know, I even already removed all the incompatible/bugged mods (I checked both the official forum and SimVIP's lists)

It also looks like the files messing with the game are NOT always the same. For instance, in the beginning, it looked like it was the Living Room/Kitchen/Outdoor stuff that made the game freezing. However, after the reset of the Sims 4 folder, I tried placing back in the Mods folders the subfolders starting from the Furniture one (which included the aforementioned subfolders Living Room etc.) and the game worked like a charm. In fact, now it seems building sets and clothing files are the culprit.

I don't think they really are, though. By now, I believe there's some conflict between CC files... but how can I track down which ones are conflicting since they are not always the same?

I doubt my PC is causing the issue. My PC specs: OS Windows 7 Home 64Bit (regularly updated); CPU: AMD FX 8320E 8 Core, 3.2 GHz, AM3+; RAM: 16 GB; VGA: Sapphire VGA Sap Radeon R7 360 2GB, plenty of free space on the HD (more than 200 GB).

Do you have any suggestion? I'm desperate as it looks like I will no longer be able to play the game with my CC. Frown

Thanks a lot in advance!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:47 PM
The Mod Conflict Detector is very bad for mods (script and none-script ones - game changers stuff) so don't use it on those
but it can be quite useful for CC (CAS/Build/Buy mod stuff), which is what you're after. so use with caution.

http://modthesims.info/d/561550/mod...03-03-2018.html

another thing. if you only now going trough the Seasons patch and breakage, from what I remember the main things that broke other than tons of script mods
anything related to gardening (cc plants/planters/anything), anything related to cc food, cc recipes, some counters and sinks.. and the rest are mods, careers and traits (a lot of those).

I would also recommend batch fixing all of your cc using the most recent Sims4Studio (going trough all of the available batch fixes with a pack in their name)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:58 AM
Do you have any last exception files? In addition to batch fixing, those files can give you an idea of what is going not-right with your game. You can post an LE here. It is a text file that will be in your Sims 4 folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Do you have any last exception files? In addition to batch fixing, those files can give you an idea of what is going not-right with your game. You can post an LE here. It is a text file that will be in your Sims 4 folder.

Unfortunately, no.

Meanwhile, I tried to " mix and match" the subfolders in an attempt to understand which ones are conflicting.

When the Mods folder contains the following subfolders:
-Build mode objects
-Furniture
-Default Replacement (i.e. eyes or skins)
-Hair
-Make-Up
The issue begins to show up when I try to add the subfolders: Clothing (included shoes and accessories) and/or Genetics (i.e. eyes, skins, etc)

Instead, when the Mods folder contains the following subfolders:
-Clothing
-Furniture
-Default Replacement
-Hair
-Make-Up
The issue shows up when I try to add the subfolders: Build mode objects and/or Genetics.

I'm really running out of ideas.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:22 AM
I would take out the whole sims 4 folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and save it to your desktop or wherever you want to save it. Then run the game and let it make a whole new Sims 4 Folder. If the game loads properly save and exit.
Then add back your saved folder and run the game if it loads normally then save and exit. If it wont load you know you have a saved game file causing issues.
Once exited start slowly adding cc back from the old folder on your desktop to the new folder in my documents, testing after each batch. Also make sure your resource.cfg file is modified to accept sub-folders.
It really is a process of elimination but i would (have done many times) let the game create a new sims 4 folder and then slowly add your stuff back remembering to run the game between additions.

Hope you get it sorted.

** Just re-read your post and saw that the game plays normally without cc - thats your problem a dodgy cc and it could be anything... Sorry hun but you just have to do process of elimination **
I just reformatted my pc and decided to delete all my cc and start again (i still have it saved but decided not to add any old stuff back) yes i miss some of the clothes but ive been having fun downloading a bunch of new stuff.