Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2019 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Simonut : 24th May 2019 at 2:38 AM.
Default Did Maxis get the Pleasure Sims aspiration all wrong?
I know with Freetime the Sims came with an added second aspiration, I personally have always felt that the Pleasure Sims may have been category wrong, In the NightLife prima guide the Pleasure Sims is said to be a cross or overlaps slightly and superficially between a Romance and Popularity Sims, the Pleasure Sims do hunger for amorous activity but not as exclusively like Popularity Sims.

Pleasure do desire a social circle of friends but not everyone in town like the Popularity Sims, Pleasure crave is the kinds of things downtown offers if those things are located at his home lot or neighborhood base.Or college he's fine with it as long as he or she can dates, outings, dining, fast cars, dancing at a Sims club or behind a DJ booth. His fear is a bad dates or social interactions rejections.

I notice Pleasure Sims is not lazy when it comes to working a career only because the Simoleon / Money in his pocket ( lol ) let him pay his bills and buy the things that bring him pleasure and go out on the town and drink until he fall out ( this is possible with a mod. ) One of the aspiration that work well with a pleasure Sims is Fortune Sims because they both want things,but the Fortune Sims is just too greedy with their wants I think.

Now here why I think Maxis may have the Pleasure Sims aspiration a bit wrong from my own game experience and playing different Pleasure Sims,
I have found they have the mind set more of a Family Sims their "bubble mind" is always showing the icon for a baby want, along with wanting to be engage this is over and over day to day sometime.

It's always on their mind from my own personal experience with the pleasure Sims that I love playing. I find Pleasure Sims to be somewhat of a mystery but I do think they should have been more overlay with a Family Sims. Because of their desire for a baby or to be engage constantly in their "bubbles", I think Maxis while creating the Pleasure Sims aspiration may have made a bit of a boo, boo. What your opinion please share ? Thanks

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2019 at 9:34 PM
This is not something I've ever noticed happening.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2019 at 10:06 PM
Never noticed them having baby/engagement wants, mostly they just seem to want to change into their PJs and jump on the sofa in my experience

I find my pleasure sims the hardest to please, because they never seem to roll BIG wants. Usually they want the smaller things. So I rarely ever have a full pleasure sim, usually they'll have a secondary aspiration that steers their pleasure - such as popularity steering them to make countless friends, or fortune steering them to spend lavishly on TVs and Stereos. So maybe I just don't really notice pleasure wants much.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2019 at 10:36 PM
She's not talking about wants, she's talking about thought bubbles. Her Pleasure sims produce thought bubbles appropriate to Family sims, rather than to Pleasure sims.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2019 at 10:41 PM
Oh. I've never really noticed that either then I guess. Though I don't really pay much attention to their thought bubbles a lot of the time.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd May 2019 at 10:45 PM
I think thoughts and talk bubbles might be more about what happens in your game. Like my Angela Pleasant's thought bubbles wouldn't necessarily be the same as your Angela's thought bubbles, you know? I think it has to do with environment and current events. That said, I honestly don't spend much time looking at my sims' thought bubbles so I can't say for sure.

I will agree that my Pleasure sims rarely roll wants for babies. Engagement and marriage wants? Sure, especially if they are on a date--but then, you can also trick Romance sims into marriage that way. But Pleasure sims actually wanting a baby is a little rare in my game. To me, Pleasure sims are all about lack of responsibility and just having fun and I see them as the polar opposite of family sims. Sure, they will do well in a career and some can be career driven--but so can any other sim except maybe a Grilled Cheese sim.

No, I think the mistake Maxis made with Pleasure sims is giving them so many career related LTWs. That was just lazy and not really true to them. They're the only ones who roll wants to stay home and change into their pjs. I don't really see them as the types to want to top a career all the time. With later EPs they could've really expanded their LTW selection, too, and given them wants to travel, collect mementos, own vacation homes, master several hobbies, or win X amount of contests, find a genie lamp, Sell X amount of masterpieces or best sellers, etc. So many things woulda been better than just top X career and the date wants.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:05 PM
IMO, Pleasure Sims make the best parents precisely for this reason. Once they have kids, they actually want to engage with them, have fun with them. Probably because they're just big kids themselves. While Family Sims may roll up the wants to do this, in my experience, they won't often do so autonomously, and their wants tend more toward teaching them toddler skills and then, when they're older, getting them into private school and acquiring college scholarships. Meh. It feels like more of a desire for status and bragging rights with other parents to me than a genuine interest in the kids themselves. Pleasure Sims are more fun and their interest seems more genuine to me. They want to play with their kids and seem magnetically attracted to them; I have ones that will spend all day playing peek-a-boo with their toddlers, if left to their own devices. I have to drag Pleasure Sims away from their kids sometimes.

IMO, the best parents, if you do secondary aspirations, are Pleasure/Knowledge Sims or Knowledge/Pleasure. Pleasure wants to interact with the kids; Knowledge wants to teach them stuff. Ben Long is Knowledge/Pleasure in my game, and he loves, loves, loves his spawn. Plays with them. Reads to them. Loves teaching them their toddler skills when they're that age. Tucks them into bed every night. Doesn't really care if the kids don't want to go to college if the kids don't want to for themselves. That sort of thing. Whereas Family Sims often seem interested only in making more kids and acquiring more bragging rights, not in caring for/interacting with the ones they already have. And they certainly don't care about kids that aren't their own. Pleasure Sims like all kids, whether they're theirs or not. But if you want big families, Family/Pleasure is a good combo. Then you get folks who want 10 kids AND who will actually do things with that horde of spawn.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
She's not talking about wants, she's talking about thought bubbles. Her Pleasure sims produce thought bubbles appropriate to Family sims, rather than to Pleasure sims.

Yes exactly what you said above hit the nail on it's head. Also the "bubble" is a guide to what the Sims is "Thinking" at the time, I always pay attention to it, sometime it show up in their wants soon or later, but rarely. Pleasure Sims from me noticing them over the years in my game always show a "mind bubble" of a baby icon or engagement ring icon, It has never fail to showing.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th May 2019 at 12:11 AM
Most players seem to not like Pleasure sims, I am opposite, I like them enough that I made my simself as pleasure/family. So maybe that is what you also did Simonut, gave them family as secondary.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2019 at 3:24 AM
Sorry about the two Deleted Posts I was trying something that did not work. It seem the attachment for images have disappear. From what I read in the site question and issues
others have has this problem.

Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th May 2019 at 4:25 AM
I thought thought bubbles were just the result of gossip, not necessarily inner hopes and dreams not expressed yet by wants.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2019 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Sorry about the two Deleted Posts I was trying something that did not work. It seem the attachment for images have disappear. From what I read in the site question and issues
others have has this problem.

Yes, I had (or have) it. Look in the top right corner of your screen - it may be blocked by your anti-virus - mine says something like "this page is trying to load unsafe scripts.

There is an option as well to load the unsafe scripts - if you select that, the attachments appear again (I still have to figure out how to make them appear without this process, but this works for now).
Theorist
#13 Old 24th May 2019 at 6:21 PM
About those thought bubbles, here's just a rather random observation. The other week I was playing a Sim who just got married. Her thought bubble was of adopting a child. No Sim in that neighborhood had ever adopted a child, so I was thinking maybe it indicated that she was thinking of adopting one of her own.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th May 2019 at 8:09 PM
If I ever see that "adoption" thought bubble I make a note in the sim's bio that they want to adopt. Otherwise I somehow never have straight couples adopt kids. Michael Agnarsson exists because his dad had that thought bubble often as a teenager!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Simonut : 25th May 2019 at 3:06 AM.
On my "Original Post #1 I have said I think Maxis could have made a mistake with"Pleasure Sim" aspiration I think instead of being overlay with Romance and Popularity Sims as the Nightlife
Prima game guide book have said. I personally think as I said in Post #1 they should have been overlay with a Family Sims, because my Pleasure Sims Thought Bubble is always about babies.
This Pleasure Sims is Tony Lee who live in my all Asian custom hood: A Picture Can speak louder than words sometime.

Please Click on picture for a larger view below:
Screenshots

Scholar
#16 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:39 AM
I find most Sims think about adoption a lot, and I think it's sad that there's no Want to Adopt - although given how often teenagers have that bubble, I suppose it's possible they're wondering if they are adopted, rather than thinking they'd like to adopt. I can't say I've noticed Pleasure Sims thinking about adoption, having babies or getting engaged more often than other aspirations, though.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:35 AM
That thought bubble pops up a lot in my game too - I think when there are babies born in a hood, it is just something sims think about. I guess when there was a birthday party for a baby growing into a child, the whole hood knows about it I always imagine my journalists writing about all these parties in the hood newspaper.

For me, I don't think sim wants are totally defined by aspiration - personality plays a role in wants as well, and if a sim has enough nice points, is friendly and has made friends with a toddler or child, the want for a baby may well roll.

As far as pleasure sims go: I think the aspiration works best with the right personality and/or star sign. I tend to give this aspiration to my most playful sims when they grow up from kid to teen.

In my view, playful sims make awesome parents because they are always willing to play with their children, whatever the aspiration or star sign (I have a knowledge mad scientist with 5 kids, he will spend a complete weekend playing with one kid after the other, from peek-a-boo with the toddler to red hands with the children and pillow fights with the teens, and he is as happy as can be - and I haven't even given him a secondary aspiration yet, because I can't decide on one, since he is actually quite perfect to me as he is now and another aspiration may just spoil that. Perhaps when his kids have all have left home).
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:16 AM
@Justpetro Lol I wanted to really post that image in post # 15 just to show the members why my talking points in my original post was true and that all the Pleasure Sims I have always played have this kind of bubble,constantly on their mind. This is about the "Bubble" not their wants. Also what you said in your post was funny, and I took FT out my game a very long time ago,so I don't have the option for a secondary aspiration.

Theorist
#19 Old 26th May 2019 at 3:59 PM Last edited by Misty_2004 : 26th May 2019 at 4:39 PM.
Years ago I played a Pleasure Sim for a very short time. This was before two aspirations were a possible thing and what I found was he was just a very dull and uninteresting Sim to play. I can't recall for sure the wants he rolled but they were so superficial, things like taking a bubble bath or changing into PJs or whatever, and it turned into a grind in very short order. It always seemed to me that a Pleasure Sim should enjoy dining out, taking vacations, and some of the other finer things in life and could have been a fully-fleshed aspiration. I've always thought to try playing one again to see if I could get a little further with it, and I have an idea now so maybe I will.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
Years ago I played a Pleasure Sim for a very short time. This was before two aspirations were a possible thing and what I found was he was just a very dull and uninteresting Sim to play. I can't recall for sure the wants he rolled but they were so superficial, things like taking a bubble bath or changing into PJs or whatever, and it turned into a grind in very short order. It always seemed to me that a Pleasure Sim should enjoy dining out, taking vacations, and some of the other finer things in life and could have been a fully-fleshed aspiration. I've always thought to try playing one again to see if I could get a little further with it, and I have an idea now so maybe I will.

Yes I find Pleasure Sims a bit of a mystery I always have one or two in my game, they are not as demanding as a popular Sims nor are they greedy like a Fortune Sims.
As long as they have a few friends and things or objects to give them pleasure at home or out on the town they are happy, and are not lazy about working a career.

They are very interesting Sims to play, and no I do not have a secondary aspiration in my game.
I think the most superficial Sims is The Fortune Sims his life seem to be all about money and material things.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:51 PM
I had some lovely fortune sims over the years myself

Every aspiration has a certain charm, and I guess one has to find out how to bring out the best in a sim. My Mr No Nice Points (his name is Alex) is a fortune sim, and he loves beating up certain sims, but hey, he always wins, and he is a rather good husband (no time for cheating and other nonsense in between the fighting and money making ) - and gets along well enough with his kids. His wife's popularity - she's lovely, still can't believe she picked Alex, but she did, and she has made enough friends so that he never needed to make a single one in his career (although, he actually has friends, and he is quick to beat up a townie who dares to insult his friends as well ). He is the general in the hood and I gave him knowledge as a second aspiration, so he is now on a quest to maximize all skills, which means that he finds less time to fight.

But Doctor Raymond Grant is another story - also fortune, he just dotes on his wife and 4 daughters, and loves giving gifts to his family. He is a nice guy, and is always on everybody's party list, because he has found time to spend on his other interest: music and dance, and the doctor can dance. He loves people and his wife, who is also popularity, loves having parties, so there is often dancing in the kitchen to the stereo with the twin toddlers dancing along He will get popularity as his second aspiration. Because of his partying ways, he is not going to be Chief of Staff soon, if ever - but he is a happy chap and may reach his platinum aspiration without it. Of course he wants to buy nice things, but, then, he can afford it most of the time.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th May 2019 at 10:09 PM
Theorist
#23 Old 26th May 2019 at 10:11 PM
I've also played some Money Sims and for me there's been a difference too. This one I had just for the Messie Messlot Challenge and she wasn't greedy. Oh sure, she enjoyed getting promoted, and she occasionally rolled a want to buy something. She had a dog and spent a lot of time with him and did her own yardwork (she had Nature for her hobby so that worked out really well). Then after she finished up her challenge I decided to get her married off to Joe Carr. He moved in and within seconds was rolling wants to buy this and that and the other thing. The stuff in her house was nice, not shabby at all, but it was like it wasn't good enough for him. Haha

Anyway, I started with a Pleasure Sim earlier today. I decided I'd rather have him be my Poverty Challenge Sim (I just wasn't clicking with the other family). I was thinking that it could work for his backstory--he was too busy goofing off and ended up broke and homeless and happened along a small town where practically everyone had moved away and found an abandoned lot and moved in on it. As it turns out he has Nature for his hobby as well so mainly he's fishing to get by and so far I haven't got very far with wants for him since he keeps rolling up the want to buy a toilet, tub/shower, and a refrigerator (which will come very shortly). When he goes to the rest area, though, he always wants to play on the park benches and watch the old TV at the dilapidated convenience store. I've scoped out him a wife because he has to have many, many children. So far he did roll a want to go on a date with a Romance Sim he met but I decided I really didn't want to head him off in that direction.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 10:08 PM
There is an adoption want, but it tends to only show up for gay sims. And if you have that marriage equality mod, it might not even then (I'm not sure).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:59 PM
I have a marriage equality mod, and yeah, adoption wants are rare now. Though I think elders (most likely family sims) still roll it. Anyway, I also have a mod that makes it so that adoption fulfills the Have A Baby want, so at least if I want a sim to adopt, they still get points. Oh! I think MidgeTheTree did a version for aliens and step parents, too, now that I think about it.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 1 of 2