Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:50 AM
Default 'Messy' meshes when in game?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything on it (or maybe I'm not using the right search terms).

Messy as in:

1) You can see all the cuts; pieces you stack atop each other has a moving reflection sort of thing when you zoom in/move the camera. For example, if I made a table and the legs went a bit inside the tabletop, you could see that via weird reflection-like things even when the pieces aren't transparent.

2) While in Wings 3D I made it all nice and hard (set the 'hardness' to 'hard' on the edges command--selected smooth shade too to test how it looks), and it looked that way in SimPE too. When it got into the game, it looked horrible. Besides the visible interlinking parts, it looked 'soft' and really ugly. Like a rejected fluffy desk.

I'd give a screenshot but I'm in midst of trying to find out which object has crashed my game.

How can I fix this?
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:36 PM
yeyavailability,
your first problem sounds like you got the normals inside out,
meaning that your texture is on the 'inside', instead of on the outside of your mesh, where it should be
i don't actually know how to fix that in Wings3d, but try and see if you can 'flip' them
that might fix both your problems, actually
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
i don't actually know how to fix that in Wings3d

Go into Object mode, right click on the object, then select "Invert".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:21 PM
Is it supposed to look incredibly thin and weird when I invert it? It looks completely wrong, to say the least.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 10:02 PM
mk, maybe that's not it then.
pics might help us figure it out easier, though