Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 1:33 PM
Would just like to add my 2 cents, THANKS heaps everyone who has also had this problem and added what has caused/helped the situation, I have been at this for days before i found this thread, and its HELPED Yay !!!

All i have done was gone and cleared my cache's for the base game and expansions, and now If i see something i want to photograph and its URGENT so to speak lol, as some things pass quickly, i will Quickly deny the opportunities i currently have, and my camera works fine, How ever painful this is sometimes, it works for now. So just wanted to say Thanks all for helping me out and i hope the problem is sorted soon so as to be able to take pictures while opportunities are open.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 3:14 AM
I noticed something which may shed extra light on this glitch - don't recall it being mentioned so far:

With an opportunity open, the photography skill tab in the journal is blank. The rest of the skill journal looks normal. This was with a sim who had not recently tried to take any photos, and can take photos normally as long as there is no opportunity open at the time.

My game is WA / AMB only, with patch 1.22 and the smaller patches for WA and AMB.
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 11:34 PM
Hey Guys! Update -- Ive had a game going for AGES and my camera has NOT worked since day one, but after reading this, I opened my game, closed all of my sims opportunities, with out saving and quitting, and without clearing my cache, i just bought a camera and took a photo.... Guess what! It worked! I didnt even have to exit the game or anything, I just had to close the opportunities and then do it. So hopefully this saves you guys the trouble of saving and quitting so much! Thanks!
Inventor
#54 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Purity4 : 18th Aug 2011 at 10:51 PM.
I have all xp's including generations. I have patched every time, except the last one. I haven't been able to download the latest patch through the launcher because my download manager cannot connect.
So the camera glitch is that when my sim 'takes a picture' the action queue freezes. I tried reloading the game without saving, and the same thing happened again. The sim is in China and was trying to use her newly purchased camera from there.

*My game version is 8.0.152.011001*

I went to manually download the patch from here , but once I picked what I thought was the right one, and clicked the link, it took me to another page with no links so I couldn't download it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#55 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:00 PM
Purity4, try closing all opportunities as tacotrcy mentioned.

Also, you could try downloading the patch through the direct link here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ownload/Current
In the Arena
retired moderator
#56 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:06 PM
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:51 PM
I'm having the same issues. I thank all of you who have contributed to figuring out a way around this bug until EA fixes it. I'm going to go close all the opps, clear my cache, buy a camera, move my sim to a new house and then back to the old one and see if it helps. Either way, I love how this community came together to work on this. Y'all are amazing.
Inventor
#58 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Purity4, try closing all opportunities as tacotrcy mentioned.

Also, you could try downloading the patch through the direct link here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ownload/Current

Which folder in my computer would I install this patch?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#59 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Which folder in my computer would I install this patch?

You just click that (or double click) to run it, it does not matter where you save it to.
Inventor
#60 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You just click that (or double click) to run it, it does not matter where you save it to.

When I click it, it opens up a save as window with the name of TS3_1.24.3.0120xx_update and is waiting for me to choose a place to save it. And doesn't it matter where I install it once it's downloaded?

*Wow, estimates 1 hour to download this!*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#61 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:56 AM
Yes, you can save it anywhere- once you have downloaded it then you click it to run it.
Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:39 AM
The work around worked for me until I forgot to cancel an opportunity and tried to take a picture. I'll have to do it again now, but at least I know what to do to get around it. Thanks for all the suggestions people offered.
Inventor
#63 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 3:22 AM
So what do you do when the only reason you 'want' to take a picture of anything is to fulfill an opportunity to gain the photography skill? If you cancel the opportunity, then my sim would have no reason to learn photography skill in the first place.
Alchemist
#64 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 4:33 AM
There's no workaround for that so far.
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 4:50 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait for a new patch then.
Inventor
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:42 PM
I was able to take photos with open opportunites if I bought a camera and then moved to a new lot but as soon as I took a pic at a foreign town, the error happened again.

We need a mod that fixes this. EA probably never will.
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 8:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I found a reply on another forum, and believe it or not it worked.

This only works for people with Origin, under setting on the last TAB, ensure that the "enable origin in-game" is unchecked.

As soon as I did this it stopped freezing.

If any of you are using Origin (electronic version of the sims), please try this and tell me how you go.

Kind regards,

Spartn
Test Subject
#68 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 7:42 PM
Any fix so far ?

Tried to patch all middle EP's/SP's, without any good results

I still can "clear" the bug by deleting caches, allowing me to take pictures, but it always come back as soon as i try to take a picture with a WA opportunity active.
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 11:42 PM
I found the camera problem 2 weeks ago. After having reloaded by hand my game 5 times, played load the mod file (one at a time) for two days, and reading all the CC info I finally came to the forums...which is a new one for me. And hear I have met people who know. I have the same problem and am just glad that there is a place I can come and share, learn, and keep playing at this point...but with adjusted playing to handle the camera glitch.
What amazes me and is so exciting to me that having been on this site since Sims 2 I still can find new things that make the game worth playing, enjoying, and meeting a community that shares that joy.
So I have the problem. No opportunites and the camera works. Opprotunites and it doesn't work. If I find more I will share. Just so glad you are all here. Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#70 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lezard86
Any fix so far ?

Tried to patch all middle EP's/SP's, without any good results

I still can "clear" the bug by deleting caches, allowing me to take pictures, but it always come back as soon as i try to take a picture with a WA opportunity active.

You don't actually have to clear the cache unless your sim freezes. You can avoid the freeze if you just complete opportunities before using the camera again. I just make sure nobody in the house I'm currently playing or in the houses I've previously played has an opportunity before I use the camera. If you take opportunities for one sim at a time, only when you've got time to do them so they don't linger in the queue, you don't have to worry about forgetting about them and accidentally using the camera. It still makes some careers impossible, which sucks, but it's better than no photography at all.
Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:25 PM Last edited by emzz : 17th Oct 2011 at 7:01 PM.
just about the opportunity thing... i didnt take an oppurtunity for anyone in the household, and the bug still showed up! for me after leaving france... i just got home.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#72 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:07 AM
Various forums state this bug is resolve in patch 1.26.
Anyone who's ever encountered this bug here, can confirmed? Is it a full fix (gone in all situations, with/without opportunities, any camera, any location) or a partial fix (still buggy in some situations)?
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:28 PM
I haven't tested as thoroughly as some here, but I can confirm that this bug is still present with the latest patch. I can take pictures fine with the Gladiator (best) camera when in my home town, but when I travel abroad and try taking a picture the action gets stuck in my sim's queue and he/she cannot move or do anything.
Page 3 of 3