Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#16201 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:18 PM
The heir poll is up! I repeat, the heir poll is up! Go and vote! But please make sure you've read all of my chapters first.

Generation 1 Heir Poll!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#16202 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 1:44 AM
Congrats on finishing the first generation! Finishing mine this year is my new year's resolution... hah.
And the Diffys already in gen. 10, that's crazy!

Instructor
#16203 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 3:28 AM
Sorry I haven't made good on my promise to catch up with a ton of stories--my daughter got sick, shared her cold with me, and I had to prepare to go back to work. Congrats on finishing the first generation!!

Re: Nocriel's rant:

Lab Assistant
#16204 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 12:00 PM
The second installment for Gen3 is up, (if you consider the founders as Gen1, which I did) 3.02 Complications

@TheRealmOfRohan - Also Congratulations, I look forward to 'The rabbit out of the hat', when the poll is revealed

@Nocriel - C'mon, you are going to make me wait a whole year?? The suspense is killing me!

@Owl_Face - Ill-health is never entertaining Wait, whut, Wasps?

Chapter list below in the sig file thingy.

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Lab Assistant
#16205 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 4:38 PM
So I moved my family and found the issue after looots of testing (load game, place one thing in buy mode, try to save and see if it works...). Turns out it was the hidden daylight area from buydebug mode. Quick google search told me that it's the Store Fix Decrap package that conflicts with the buydebug cheat. For now I'm kinda tired of testing stuff so I will just avoid using buydebug, but if I ever really really need it I will look into it again because from what I read the newest version *should* have fixed that problem. Just putting it down here in case anyone else runs into the issue!
Lab Assistant
#16206 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 5:17 PM
@Nocriel: I have the latest Store Fix Decrap package, and I used buydebug a couple of days ago without any problems, so the newest version is probably good.

Also! The first part of my short special about Sandi and Darlene is up. I would suggest reading it, as parts of it will have some bearing on the next generation.

Darlene and Sandi's Adventures in Bridgeport: Part 1
Lab Assistant
#16207 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 2:36 PM
3.03 The Big Reveal - Part 1

Chapter list is available by clicking the link below.

(Special thank you to my commenters that help grow my story with their posts.)

Lab Assistant
#16208 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 5:58 PM
Heh heh heh... Heh...

So, it turns out that the instant I load up the game with University installed, my laptop makes whirring noises (despite being less than a year old) and lags like hell. So, I had to turn off the expansion, and change the story a bit. I managed to save my founder, even though he was bald when I first fired up the game again.

I want to get the legacy up and running again, but I've had a few set backs in the form of the laggy AF game, being on some new medication that knocks me out cold, and my hours at work going haywire. I'll try my best to get it out soon!
Lab Assistant
#16209 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 1:31 AM
I have the next part of the little short story between generations out. Also, please vote in my heir poll if you haven't already! (You know, as long as you've read my story. If you haven't read my story, feel no obligation to vote in the heir poll.)

Darlene and Sandi's Adventures in Bridgeport: Part 2
Lab Assistant
#16210 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 3:35 PM
*bursts in*

I am back with a new legacy! Chapter 1.1 - Walk Like An Egyptian
Lab Assistant
#16211 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 5:09 PM
3.04 The Big Reveal - Part 2 is now available.

Lab Assistant
#16212 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 8:57 PM
Third installment:

Darlene and Sandi's Adventures in Bridgeport: Part 3

Don't forget to vote in the heir poll! This is your final reminder!
Lab Assistant
#16213 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 6:10 PM
First, the epilogue for my between-generations short story is up:

Darlene and Sandi's Adventures in Bridgeport: Epilogue

Also, I announce who won the heir poll:

And the winner is...
Scholar
#16214 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 8:35 AM
I have another Update, Chapter 6.14
Lab Assistant
#16215 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:45 PM
Chapter 3.05 -> Allergies

WARNING: This chapter may cause drowsiness or irritation. Shake well before use. Do not operate heavy machinery while reading this blog.
( Contains 40+ pictures and several chunks of textwall. )

Lab Assistant
#16216 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 7:10 PM
I am back with a new chapter.

Chapter 1.2 - Tomb Failure
Lab Assistant
#16217 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 8:48 PM
Here is the first chapter of generation 2! I decided to reformat my chapter titles. Also, this one is a lot longer than my usual chapters.

Chapter 2.1 - Police!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16218 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:48 PM Last edited by heaven : 27th Jan 2019 at 4:10 PM.
Guess who just moved all her legacy stuff to Scrivener so as to work on the next chapter?

I'm still sad that I lost pretty much everything (other than the actual posted content) but I think I've finally decided for good that I am not going to let it hold me back. I made it to gen 7 and, gosh darn it, I am going to finish the Avendales!

Editing to Ask:
So, um...I hate the 1 child role (mostly because I do heir votes so I never pick an heir myself and having only 1 really defeats that). I know I can turn it off on the roller app but would it be acceptable for me to adjust the parameters? I probably can't on the actual roller and would need to use random.org or something for that particular roll, but...

Current:
1-2) 1 child
3-6) 2 children
7-8) 3 children
9) 4 children
10) 5 children

Proposal:
1) 1 child
2-4) 2 children
5-7) 3 children
8-9) 4 children
10) 5 children

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#16219 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I hate the 1 child role...

I have provided two answers, firstly, one for rule followers, and the second is for anarchists.

There are several simple solutions to this already in the rules. If you have already taken advantage of rules 11 and 13, rule 19 has got you covered.

11. You are allowed ONE reroll of objectives throughout the entire challenge. Use it carefully. For extra rerolls, see Misc Fun Roll - The Joker. If you gain "Joker" rolls then these stack. (You start with one re-roll, then if you roll "The Joker" you'd have two, provided you didn't already "spend" the first re-roll.) Note you may only re-roll for a single category! You may not scrap an entire roll.

13. Last Generation free choice: When you reach generation 10, instead of rolling for all categories, you may set one category aside and simply choose the result. This is to reward you for reaching generation 10, and to help hold your interest in generation 10.

19. If you really, really hate a roll, you can exempt yourself from it. We have players that refuse to play with the celebrity system, players who don't like deadbeat parents, etc. We want this challenge to be fun, not torture.

The second option is to make a pair of magic glasses using cardboard, sticky tape and a pair of scissors that allows you to see the number 1 as 2, but that might affect rolls other than the number of children!

Scholar
Original Poster
#16220 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 11:06 PM
Great to see you, Heaven!

Everyone has their own playstyle, so altering the rules to fit one person's preference is always going to cheese off someone else. One person's fun challenge is another person's game breaking nightmare. While RLC can be seen as encouraging you to try different things, we all know there are some things we just... don't... like.

So here's my non-secret: if I get a roll I have decided I want nothing to do with, I re-roll for that category. Simple and effective. I don't play with celebrities, I don't do idle careers, I don't do deadbeat parents, I don't do hands off, and I don't do tattoo addict anymore either. I feel the challenge is varied enough that scrapping these rolls for myself doesn't make much difference.

So do what you need to do to stay interested.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16221 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Great to see you, Heaven!

Everyone has their own playstyle, so altering the rules to fit one person's preference is always going to cheese off someone else. One person's fun challenge is another person's game breaking nightmare. While RLC can be seen as encouraging you to try different things, we all know there are some things we just... don't... like.

So here's my non-secret: if I get a roll I have decided I want nothing to do with, I re-roll for that category. Simple and effective. I don't play with celebrities, I don't do idle careers, I don't do deadbeat parents, I don't do hands off, and I don't do tattoo addict anymore either. I feel the challenge is varied enough that scrapping these rolls for myself doesn't make much difference.

So do what you need to do to stay interested.

Yeah, there are a few rolls I've decided to scrap myself (hands off is definitely one of them, lol). I've been trying not to be too picky and only actively choose to remove rolls if I've tried them once. Except for Showtime careers. No thank you. I did that once, before I switched to RLC and nu-uh. Do not want.

I can't remember what rolls all my spares had because I roll separately for each and let the heir vote decide which I play and didn't have them saved anywhere other than the external hard drive. But the one time my heir did roll 1 (Camille), I was thrilled when the MC pop-up showed that twins were likely. It's not that I want to scrap it entirely though, so I think I will start using the above weighting system for my own rolls. Still random, still possible, but less likely which makes me more happy. lol

With that "settled" I suppose it's time for me to roll for Isaac (again, since I lost his roll too). I've actually started writing the next chapter so I'm excited to continue!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#16222 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 1:37 AM
New (and maybe improved) chapter!

Chapter 2.2 - New and Improved
Lab Assistant
#16223 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:29 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
Another Jettstar RLC chapter happened,
3.06 Crocodile Rock
This chapter contains no star wars references, not even a t-shirt!

Field Researcher
#16224 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:45 AM
@Nocriel I'm glad you fixed the issue, but I hope it's worth moving into a penthouse.
Lab Assistant
#16225 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:06 PM
So... I have a problem. I went in to my Doe save file to take pictures for my next chapter and I got that error message where "a serious problem has occurred trying to open Doe Random Legacy.sims3". I reopened the game and I got the game open, but now my entire town is basically slowly collapsing around my ears. Whenever I go to do anything with MC, two copies of every sim show up. Dylan is getting the wish to scan people like he's a plumbot. There are two versions of several different sims walking around, the game is shuffling people into random houses, and I get an Error-Trap message every five seconds or so. I reset the whole town, but that just seemed to make it worse. I managed to get all the important sims saved, but I think I'm going to have to move towns and try to come up with a story-related reason. Before I do that, I wanted to ask if anyone has any advice. I'm pretty sure I know what caused it (moving an NPC into the house, which is a slight spoiler, but oh well), but if anyone has any ideas about what I should do next (other than reroll any Hidden Heritage rolls in the future), I'd love to hear them.
Page 649 of 676