Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 12:11 PM
Default New problem with texture...
So now the problem is just the oposite: it appears black in the game &tumbnails
:gonemad: (well it's not completely black the texture is there but it's a way too dark. I know that there is a way to lighten up changing the spec values, but in the image of the tumbnail it looks horrible. It renders ok in 3d studio max, maybe it has something to do with exporting settings?? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Cristina
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 2:39 PM
Well, I'm new to creating stuff for TS2 but I'll give it a try.
I made some clothes, and I greyscaled them. Then I saved and they were too dark. So I promoted the image to 16million colours and it worked.
Maybe that's your problem?
Part-time Hermit
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 3:12 PM
I think the stdMatDiffCoef value in Material Definitions could have some effect on that, among other things. This discussion might help you a bit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 8:58 AM
Hi,
I've tried to change te values of the stdMatDiffCoef, and it works, but the tumbnail image in the game the object looks completely black. ¿Do you think it has something to do with the way I import the image in SimPE (normal import) should I use another way?
Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims interior designs
Hi,
I've tried to change te values of the stdMatDiffCoef, and it works, but the tumbnail image in the game the object looks completely black. ¿Do you think it has something to do with the way I import the image in SimPE (normal import) should I use another way?

If the object itself looks fine in the game, and just the thumbnail is wrong, it's because the thumbnail didn't get updated. To fix this, delete the package files in your Thumbnails folder in the TS2 folder under your My Documents (leave the folder, delete the files in it), then start up your game. A new, fixed thumbnail should be generated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
If the object itself looks fine in the game, and just the thumbnail is wrong, it's because the thumbnail didn't get updated. To fix this, delete the package files in your Thumbnails folder in the TS2 folder under your My Documents (leave the folder, delete the files in it), then start up your game. A new, fixed thumbnail should be generated.

Thanks so much that was a great tip!
I finally found out what was wrong... it was the obj. from 3d studio max I installed! Now I'm using the one that comes with the latest version of simpe. Thanks for all your help.

Cristina