Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#17551 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I downloaded all I could for employee management, but nothing is giving me the option to select an employee to be a gardener or a harvester.

You clicked on the object on the site, and read the description/instructions, yes?
There is also a readme file in the zip. I personally never had trouble making this work...
Since other gardening hacks can interfer with that one, have you checked with HCDU to see if anything would come up as a conflict maybe?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#17552 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You clicked on the object on the site, and read the description/instructions, yes?
There is also a readme file in the zip. I personally never had trouble making this work...
Since other gardening hacks can interfer with that one, have you checked with HCDU to see if anything would come up as a conflict maybe?

I did run it. No conflicts with any of them. In the game MY Sim is the only one allowed to be the farmer. Would like my employees to be farmers too.
Mad Poster
#17553 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:54 PM
It's been a while since I assigned any sims, I'd have to go test in game to be able to help you more. In the meantime, someone else might know exactly what's up....

Lab Assistant
#17554 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 6:33 PM
Is there a workaround for that modular stairs issue with apartments?
Undead Molten Llama
#17555 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's a gap between my horizon box and my terrain. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. You just need to install Skyfix and make sure it's the latest version, which is the one that gets rid of or at least reduces that blue at the edges of the terrain. If you've already got that version, then often older skies/horizons haven't had their layering fixed to be compatible with Skyfix. (It's an easy fix in SimPE, if necessary; there's instructions on the Skyfix download page.) That looks like one of my horizons, and I happen to know that they're all Skyfix compatible. I'm not sure about the sky you're using, though. It could also be causing the blue edges, if it's not Skyfix-compatible and needs to be fixed.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#17556 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Is there a workaround for that modular stairs issue with apartments?

As I understand it, the modular stairs issue only arises if you use a stage for a landing. Make sure they're straight and unambiguously in or out of the apartment, and you should be okay.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#17557 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:50 PM
I klnow it sounds more like a WCIF but I kinda of have the answer so I want to try to ask here: I know recoloring lights it's quite different from recoloring a common object but is there anyway to make a functional invisible recolor of the neon flamingo/NL Light Disc?
I'd like to have some colorful lights when I take in-game pictures, but the only ones I found requires changes to the lighting.txt files which I'd rather avoid since I'm using DP's lighting mod... Any alternative ideas or similar items?
That's what I'm talking about:
http://modthesims.info/d/257636/mul...rty-lights.html
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=91821
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92373
Space Pony
#17558 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You didn't do anything wrong. You just need to install Skyfix and make sure it's the latest version, which is the one that gets rid of or at least reduces that blue at the edges of the terrain. If you've already got that version, then often older skies/horizons haven't had their layering fixed to be compatible with Skyfix. (It's an easy fix in SimPE, if necessary; there's instructions on the Skyfix download page.) That looks like one of my horizons, and I happen to know that they're all Skyfix compatible. I'm not sure about the sky you're using, though. It could also be causing the blue edges, if it's not Skyfix-compatible and needs to be fixed.

Something about this bugged me, but only today I remembered what.

I only use seasoned horizons, that was the thing, only resently I wanted to try out a NON seasoned version for Strangetown. I got the blue thing, and I DO have latest skyfix and all that.

So, I tested it. @iCad , I hope you wont be mad I used your horizons, ALL of the non seasonals do the same.

So, here:
Addin a non seasonal horizon with latest skyfix

Then adding the seasonal one:

ignore the name of the hood, its finn..
I was just thinking if @Charity here and @grammapat at other section also used non seasonal?

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#17559 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:59 AM
Yes, I only have NON-seasonal. Thanks..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#17560 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:06 AM
Yes, I only have NON-seasonal. Thanks.. Bad enough I like some terrain replacements, but not others; but trying to match them with horizons is making me crazy...and then there is the issue of the lot-view SIDEWALK grass not matching (some terrains include them, some don't). And, as usual, when something about the game becomes WORK...well I just wander away.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#17561 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:34 AM
I know there's a fix for this, and I thought I knew what it was, but it's not working so here I am.

Adult David Ottomas bought a business and he and Sharla went out together to set it up and have a grand opening. Everything went well and I saved. But when I told David to go home he spent about 12 hours wandering around whistling and tapping his wrist. I forced error with the batbox and it didn't help.

So I made a batch of sims to be townies, used the teleporter to summon and move David and Sharla in, had them "find own place," made everyone else a townie, and returned to the neighborhood screen, but I couldn't merge them with their original household because of the business being saved with someone visiting it. So I moved them back into the lot where I'd made the townies and tried to send them to the business; but I couldn't go there because it was saved with them on it. And I can't open the Ottomas house to invite them to move back in, for the same reason.

So, where did I screw up and how do I fix it?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17562 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:13 AM
I don't think my horizon is seasonal. But I actually have three, desert, lush and grey, and the lush one is fine with no gaps and the grey one has minimal gaps. I tried a different desert terrain map and same problem.

I found some seasonal horizons to try, but I'll have to wait until SFS comes back up. http://greatcheesecakepersona.tumbl...4042017-see-the
Scholar
#17563 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 12:12 PM
I have several witches in Polgannon and they are about to die from old age. Question is what to do with their cauldrons and spell books to avoid corruption? Is it safe to just sell them or it's better to abandon witchcraft objects first so that no witch is associated with each cauldron and book?
Undead Molten Llama
#17564 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:35 PM Last edited by iCad : 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Something about this bugged me, but only today I remembered what.

I only use seasoned horizons, that was the thing, only resently I wanted to try out a NON seasoned version for Strangetown. I got the blue thing, and I DO have latest skyfix and all that.

So, I tested it. @iCad , I hope you wont be mad I used your horizons, ALL of the non seasonals do the same...

Hm! Maybe I cloned the wrong mesh when I made the non-seasonal ones. I thought I'd fixed all of the ones I had but maybe not.... Thanks for pointing this out! I will check them all.

EDIT: Yup, I must've cloned an un-fixed mesh when I made the non-seasonal ones. DUH! Fixed files are here: https://app.box.com/s/3064ewinxyv3e39ldkuhhbd6vyivh1u0 That should take care of the problem. Just let the fixed files overwrite any of the unfixed ones you have.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#17565 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 8:56 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I know there's a fix for this, and I thought I knew what it was, but it's not working so here I am.

Adult David Ottomas bought a business and he and Sharla went out together to set it up and have a grand opening. Everything went well and I saved. But when I told David to go home he spent about 12 hours wandering around whistling and tapping his wrist. I forced error with the batbox and it didn't help.

So I made a batch of sims to be townies, used the teleporter to summon and move David and Sharla in, had them "find own place," made everyone else a townie, and returned to the neighborhood screen, but I couldn't merge them with their original household because of the business being saved with someone visiting it. So I moved them back into the lot where I'd made the townies and tried to send them to the business; but I couldn't go there because it was saved with them on it. And I can't open the Ottomas house to invite them to move back in, for the same reason.

So, where did I screw up and how do I fix it?

Umm not really sure here and I don't know of a fix off hand {Note: that I screwed up this way once in the past and ended up making my whole Neighborhood unplayable in my efforts to fix this sort of problem, so I hope that you have a recent backup.}

Anyway I do have a fairly good idea as to how you screwed up, from what you wrote that David was doing I am guessing that somewhere in the Business was a customer that was not leaving for what ever reason. So you saved the Business with the Customer there and the game still thinks the Customer is there with the Owner.

So what you should do in this sort of circumstance is make sure that there is no one besides the owner and the owner's family members at a business when trying to leave the business.

In the future when playing any Owned Business have a Merola's Mirror and or The Sim Blender there or place one there for this purpose. The Mirror so that you can look in the Other or NPC categories and find any stuck or otherwise Customers. Then you can use MoveObjects on or use The Sim Blender and the Teleport section to remove them from the lot. Or just use The Sim Blender to remove non residents from the lot. Several options will work, it sort of depends on how you like to do it.

I am sorry that I don't have a fix, maybe there is someone else who might have a fix? I hope so. Otherwise I hope that you have a recent backup.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Alchemist
#17566 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
AnyGameStarter.
if an AnyGame was made permanent, could AnyGameStarter's installer reverse it? or would the folder need to be replaced by a backup?

AnyGameStarter's download page says "the installer will let you - in addition to create new games - to delete existing games or making them permanent" so would think yes, because once you make a game permanent, it becomes an existing game, which you should then be able to delete. Does that make sense?

Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I downloaded all I could for employee management, but nothing is giving me the option to select an employee to be a gardener or a harvester.

The simwardrobe controllers aren't going to change Maxis UI--you aren't going to be able to click on an employee and choose "Be Gardener", for example, if that's what you're looking for. Also, I believe a sim's job assignment will still be blank. What the controller does allow you to do is click on it (it's a red tool box, found in either Misc, Misc, or in the Build gardening section) and assign gardening tasks to sims. You can use it with the plant signs and the planting controller (I think that one looks like a hoe) to make employees plant certain crops in a particular area, too. But again, it won't change the UI--that'll still say unassigned, but sims will do the work.

@Peni Griffin, it is a common/known glitch and the last time I got it, I just saved, exited to neighborhood, then re-entered. The glitch was gone. But I'm thinking that might be because I have No Sim Loaded, which I think deletes off world sims loitering on a lot. According to this thread, the bug is caused by an invisible sim still stuck on the lot somewhere and you need a mod that clears visitors (like a teleporter or the Visitor Controller) or stuck invisible sims (like the batbox). So the best option would be to restore a backup from just before you moved David and Sharla out and clear the lot of invisible sims/off world loiterers. Failing that, see if you can still enter the business lot (the game saved the lot with them on it, so it's worth a try) then clear the lot and send them home. They might not be living at home when you get there, but hopefully it should allow you to play the home lot again, and then you could move sims in as needed.

Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I have several witches in Polgannon and they are about to die from old age. Question is what to do with their cauldrons and spell books to avoid corruption? Is it safe to just sell them or it's better to abandon witchcraft objects first so that no witch is associated with each cauldron and book?

I have never heard of this issue, and don't believe it to be a problem but if you are really worried about it, just unassign them. Or delete/sell them before they die. Can anyone else weigh in?

And bump for DrewInTheSky's question, cuz I've no idea.

Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
I klnow it sounds more like a WCIF but I kinda of have the answer so I want to try to ask here: I know recoloring lights it's quite different from recoloring a common object but is there anyway to make a functional invisible recolor of the neon flamingo/NL Light Disc?
I'd like to have some colorful lights when I take in-game pictures, but the only ones I found requires changes to the lighting.txt files which I'd rather avoid since I'm using DP's lighting mod... Any alternative ideas or similar items?
That's what I'm talking about:
http://modthesims.info/d/257636/mul...rty-lights.html
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=91821
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92373

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#17567 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:09 PM
Can someone remind me what file I need to upload and in which forums, so someone who knows how to read said file can tell me why my game just crashed unexpectedly please?

Top Secret Researcher
#17568 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Can someone remind me what file I need to upload and in which forums, so someone who knows how to read said file can tell me why my game just crashed unexpectedly please?

@Rosebine
In the Logs folder inside The Sims 2 folder there will be one or more files whose name begins with ObjectError_ those are the files which knowledgeable people read to diagnose problems in the game.

I would create a new Thread in the Sims 2 Help Forum {assuming that it is a something to do with the Sims 2} and attaching your log to that post.

If you have more than one you should probably open them in Note pad or something and check to see which one is the correct one, or you could go by the creation date if you know that the error happened on a particular date. Hope that this helps.

I also hope that you get your issue resolved and your game works correctly soon.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#17569 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:05 PM
Thank you so very much.
It happened today, so I thought I should ask here before even re starting the game..so I have the proper file from right after the crash. But I do not have an object error file.
Sorting by date, the only ones I have for today is one of each :AppErrors, AudioErrors and Sims2Exception.

Mad Poster
#17570 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:15 PM
What I wound up having to do (this is a casual hood and I'm not nearly as diligent about backups as I normally am) was:
Move David and Sharla onto a lot.
Have David sell the lot. (Still can't bulldoze it or get into Ottomas Prime.)
Teleport all the rest of the family over.
Move them in with the teleporter. (David couldn't just invite them to move in because the game was sure one of them was still at the business lot.)
Move them all to the family bin. Bulldoze the business lot. Move them back into their old home. Completely refurnish it. Rebuild the business, have David buy it again and rehire Jacob Martin (mysteriously, at more than twice the "fair" wages he'd had before). I suspect he was the invisible stalker, as I'd had to send him home twice in the first incarnation of the business, and this time he didn't want to leave, mysteriously reappearing and taking up his bartending duties again three or four hours after being sent home because David'll never be able to afford his own place if he has an employee there constantly at $104 per hour!

The batbox is up in the rafters and next time this happens I trust I'll remember to clear invisibles off the lot with it.

Alchemist
#17571 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:23 PM
Rosebine, I think you'll only get that file if you had testing cheats on at the time. Try to recreate the error with testing cheats on and you should be able to get it.

And it's good you found a workaround Peni.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#17572 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:26 PM
Might have been just a hiccup...all I did was *call to meal.../everyone*
Never did that before. Thank you.

Instructor
#17573 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:35 AM
@Phantomknight I got it to work. It's nice to have an employee help me with the harvest and fertilizing, but they don't plant seeds.
Here's a random question. I noticed that my game screenshots are very small and I have it set on the largest image. Is there another way to get a screenshot while I'm in the game?
Mad Poster
#17574 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:43 AM
I stopped using the ingame camera to take screenshots, as you said..too small. Most will tell you to get Fraps, I use Bandicam. But there are many programs you can choose from, that save pictures to a folder of your choice. basically, you could press prt scr (print screen) 50 times in a row, and you'd get 50 saved screenies in that folder. I just bought my license for Bandicam, as I really like that program. It also record and is awesome.

Alchemist
#17575 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:59 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:22 AM.
I bought the license to Fraps recently so I could shoot video. I'm not completely in love with it, but the screen shots look good and, according to reviews, quality is better but files larger than some others. I also recently got Photozoom Pro 7 so I can enlarge or shrink photos without losing quality.
Page 703 of 1339