Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 12:05 AM
"need permission" to delete sims 2 folder when i have full permissions? wtf
(i dont know where else this whould go...and FAQs dont cover this subject to my knowledge *SP?*)
im trying to delte my sims 2 folder (after taking out downloads of course...dont wanna lose those )
and it gets threw the process of deleting all files...then vista says it needs my permission to continue..i hit continue...and then i get a pop up saying i need permission to do that
...wot? but i am on the admin account and i have ownership and full control of this folder and all sub folders...what is there i need to have permissions of? i tried renaming it...and same thing
at this point ive hit a brick wall...i cant delete/move/rename the folder...and im not about to uninstall *ALL* of my eps to start fresh. what do i need to do?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 8:17 PM
I'm not using Vista but have you already asked Google about permission problems with that Windows? Not especially because of Sims 2 - because of the folder problem.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 7:51 AM
I had the same problem with Vista, it was because the folder was put on share on my computer for my daughter's one.
You should have a look at the properties of that folder to see if maybe it is a shared one and unshare it first