1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18276 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:13 PM
It will probably be a default of something else messing with it. Like peni said one mesh used on multiple things, probably the naked mesh. It's very annoying as I have issues myself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#18277 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:16 PM
But the top part of that dress mesh is definitely not, the naked top mesh. So a bigger and less dark picture would be nice.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18278 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:34 PM
There are other meshes apart from the naked mesh that can get messed up. For example, I can't default the female delivery outfit as I get an invisible top half. I know its another default. So maybe not the naked mesh, but I bet its a default messing with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18279 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duvelina
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

I like the fact that it gives you a choice; but it has totally stopped working for me. Conflicts

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#18280 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 4:51 AM
How is the rent calculated for apartments? I have a lot of apartments with the exact same square footage and furnishings, but there is a variance in rent.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18281 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 5:59 AM
Apartments cost is based mostly on square footage and contents less so. I have a 2 by 3 room as my smallest 'apartment' (it fits a bed) it costs $61, so while I haven't tested a smaller box I believe it is $30 per square and the one extra is probably the light bulb.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18282 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are other meshes apart from the naked mesh that can get messed up. For example, I can't default the female delivery outfit as I get an invisible top half. I know its another default. So maybe not the naked mesh, but I bet its a default messing with it.

I have meshes like that that refuse to be subfoldered. Does it work if you put it straight in the Downloads folder?
Forum Resident
#18283 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:11 PM
What's the Best way to achieve a square jaw in Bodyshop?
Top Secret Researcher
#18284 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Pideli : 28th Mar 2019 at 5:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
What's the Best way to achieve a square jaw in Bodyshop?

I usually pull in the cheeks in "whole face", then widen the jaw under jaw settings. You can also use the slider for pulling up or down the jawline. I think it literally says "jaw - square - soft".

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#18285 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 6:28 PM
Thanks, all of you. I forget how darn dark pictures are at night because my screen doesn't look nearly so dark.

It's not thinking cap related, she'd just been trying to grow up the baby and failing, as they do, and happened to have dropped skilling to do so. It's that dress, the base game AF swimsuits, and a couple others, all close fitting but not naked, and it's about those great diamond holes.

Dang it. 50/50 on the AF clothes, I guess. At least I know Carolyn there is wearing one of the offending outfits and can just load her house and put her in everyday and see if she's holey or not. Hope it's just one bad mesh. I don't think I have any new clothes meshes, though . . . I mean, I'm a creature of habit, my sims are mostly wearing the same cc as when I started downloading, Cat, Sentate, HP, etc, and it's only been an issue in this last restart of the Documents folder. Dang it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#18286 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:16 PM
I hate the positioning of the delete button in build/buy mode. It's too close to the right arrow and I'm always afraid I'll hit it by accident. I wonder if @Chris Hatch would know of a way to remove the delete button from build/buy mode seeing as he created a mod to remove it for the simbin in the neighborhood.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#18287 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
..It's that dress, the base game AF swimsuits, and a couple others, all close fitting but not naked, and it's about those great diamond holes.

This is why it would help to have a bigger screenshot, if you look closely under her right arm, this is not close fitted. You can clearly see the dress folds. This is why I said, this was not using the naked top mesh.
If you could send me that dress, I could take a look. If it does not look like that in my game, then you have a default in yours, messing it up. And just to be sure, that dress she is wearing is cc right? Because no game dresses looks like this in my game.

Theorist
#18288 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 28th Mar 2019 at 9:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This is why it would help to have a bigger screenshot, if you look closely under her right arm, this is not close fitted. You can clearly see the dress folds. This is why I said, this was not using the naked top mesh.
If you could send me that dress, I could take a look. If it does not look like that in my game, then you have a default in yours, messing it up. And just to be sure, that dress she is wearing is cc right? Because no game dresses looks like this in my game.

It's a preorder bonus for double deluxe, apparently:

http://naterxandersims.tumblr.com/p...st-ive-uploaded

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#18289 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 9:03 PM
plantsims.
is the spawning self-interaction limited to just Adults or could Elders also do it (in shipped version)?

sim jobs.
any in-game means for employed sims to keep vacation days when changing jobs?
Top Secret Researcher
#18290 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
plantsims.
is the spawning self-interaction limited to just Adults or could Elders also do it (in shipped version)?

Elders can do it! That's how Saaron (he is an elder) makes orcs in my fantasy hood. I haven't needed to use CAS since the start of the hood with my 8 start sims. I just make him a plantsim, spawn babies, grow them up once, then convert everyone back. Super convenient!

EDIT: Don't know about females though.

Mad Poster
#18291 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 10:18 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th Mar 2019 at 10:34 PM.
@Sunbee
When you downloaded the pre-order/Double Deluxe file, did you also installed Becka.3D? This is where your mesh is.
In Madeline.3D, you'll find the mesh for the mermaid gown...if ever you need it.
So if you only installed afbodyhalterbuckle_black.package, you only have a recolor.

I installed only the recolor and the Becka.3D in my Savedsims folder. It shows up correctly.
I do not have any default dress mesh, besides one I made for child.
You'd need to find which one is defaulting the afbodyhalterbuckle. I wish I knew/remember how!
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#18292 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I usually pull in the cheeks in "whole face", then widen the jaw under jaw settings. You can also use the slider for pulling up or down the jawline. I think it literally says "jaw - square - soft".

Yes that's what I meant (Those are beautiful by the way) I find the jaw/cheeks hardest to work with.
Top Secret Researcher
#18293 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 12:44 PM
Thanks!
Just try the different settings under both whole face adjustments and jaw/chin adjustments and see how well the different changes work together. Like, pulling in the cheeks looks really wrong until you have widened the jaw. (But don't do it too much ofc.) If you pull something in you should pull something out to counter it if you want a nice sculpted face (in my opinion )

Scholar
#18294 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I hate the positioning of the delete button in build/buy mode. It's too close to the right arrow and I'm always afraid I'll hit it by accident. I wonder if @Chris Hatch would know of a way to remove the delete button from build/buy mode seeing as he created a mod to remove it for the simbin in the neighborhood.

I believe I can remove those delete buttons OK but I can't test it very thoroughly because the delete buttons only exist when cc is selected and I don't have any.
BuyBuildDeleteRemoved.zip (15.1 kB). Note this was made from/for M&Gs UI, I don't know if it'll cause problems in lower EP/SP setups.
Mad Poster
#18295 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I believe I can remove those delete buttons OK but I can't test it very thoroughly because the delete buttons only exist when cc is selected and I don't have any.

No CC at all? :O How do you do it?
Instructor
#18296 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:26 PM
Is anyone else having problem to attach files (pictures) in the forums? It' doesnt show up - I tried to change web-reader but no. Same problem

Update: well ofcourse it started to work right after I wrote this!
Scholar
#18297 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

Where do I find the mod for the removal of simbin delete button? :D
Mad Poster
#18298 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
BuyBuildDeleteRemoved.zip (15.1 kB). Note this was made from/for M&Gs UI, I don't know if it'll cause problems in lower EP/SP setups.

@Chris Hatch

I've got the UC so I've tested it with that and it works! The button is gone! Words cannot express my happiness right now!

Although I guess the design tool must use a different UI function because the button is still there when using that tool. I'm not very familiar with how the UI files for TS2 work. The design tool is the worst offender I think:

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#18299 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:37 AM
I've had this issue for awhile where sims will get the wrong "Be friends with Pet" want, as if the pets are sims. I thought it was maybe a corruption issue since my Pleasantview is corrupted, but it happens in Strangetown, too, which of course could also be corrupted, but I haven't been playing it that long. Both are Tarlia's versions of the neighborhoods.

I've attached images of what it should be and what it is just so the problem is clear- I've even had it that sims had both versions of the want at the same time. In the second image, the sim made friends with the pet, but kept the "wrong" want (and now also wants to be best friends with the pet with the correct want).

Is this a glitch or some other issue?
Screenshots
Alchemist
#18300 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:51 AM
Is there any harm in just temporarily naming my hood "Sedona" from the neighborhood screen, just so I can see the fly over?
Page 732 of 1347