Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#17601 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 7:00 PM
You can preview meshes in SimPE...and should be able to tell, which ones you actually need to build the whole cup if more than one composes it. Cup, lid..straw maybe? liquid inside etc.
You export all of them and combine them in your 3D edit...Do you have a 3D editor?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17602 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 7:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Feb 2019 at 7:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I'm not sure which is the mesh and I'm not sure which files to bring back in when it extracts more than one type. Also would like to know what I can delete that isn't needed, but different question, I guess.

The mesh is in the GMDC. I'm guessing that this object has multiple GMDCs, so you'd want to preview them to find the one(s) you're after.

Here's a 3t2 tutorial. You can follow it from 3.50 and on, where it shows the SimPE steps plus how to check/fix the mesh in Milkshape. The prepwork you need to beforehand is to extract the texture from the TXTR (png file) and the mesh from the GMDC (obj file).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIEDxjjXXXM

You need to open up one of the soda files, extract the mesh from there, and then extract all the "label" textures from the soda files. Then you can go on with the project. It doesn't look like you need to do any Milkshape work, and you can probably use the shadow mesh and texture, too.
Alchemist
#17603 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The mesh is in the GMDC. I'm guessing that this object has multiple GMDCs, so you'd want to preview them to find the one(s) you're after.

Here's a 3t2 tutorial. You can follow it from 3.50 and on, where it shows the SimPE steps plus how to check/fix the mesh in Milkshape. The prepwork you need to beforehand is to extract the texture from the TXTR (png file) and the mesh from the GMDC (obj file).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIEDxjjXXXM

You need to open up one of the soda files, extract the mesh from there, and then extract all the "label" textures from the soda files. Then you can go on with the project. It doesn't look like you need to do any Milkshape work, and you can probably use the shadow mesh and texture, too.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You can preview meshes in SimPE...and should be able to tell, which ones you actually need to build the whole cup if more than one composes it. Cup, lid..straw maybe? liquid inside etc.
You export all of them and combine them in your 3D edit...Do you have a 3D editor?

Not yet. I think I'll try https://www.bforartists.de/

Thank you, guys! I'll try again. I was just sorta guessing at first and it didn't work.
Alchemist
#17604 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:02 PM
I learned how to do a thing! I was finally able to make the pandorasims marijuana mod sellable! (I hope this is okay to talk about here...) Anyway, I wanted to post how I did it, but I'm not sure where to put it. Ideas?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#17605 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:09 PM
Thank you, guys! I'll try again. I was just sorta guessing at first and it didn't work.

I did a little sneaking in the files, and the soda can is just a plain soda can standing upright, so if you just want the sodacan as-is, it's just a matter of extracting the resources. No editing needed

If you choose to extract the straw or lid or any other part of the mesh, you'll need to do some deleting and remeshing in a meshing program. The straw is just a short piece, but you can make the mesh longer. The lid doesn't have an underside, so you may have to make one. Other than that it's pretty straightforward.

If you use the advanced mode in SimPE, you don't need to change group names or anything such - you can replace the mesh directly with the dropdown options to the right in the menu that pops up when you choose "import" in the GMDC.
Alchemist
#17606 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:14 PM
I did a little sneaking in the files, and the soda can is just a plain soda can standing upright, so if you just want the sodacan as-is, it's just a matter of extracting the resources. No editing needed

If you choose to extract the straw or lid or any other part of the mesh, you'll need to do some deleting and remeshing in a meshing program. The straw is just a short piece, but you can make the mesh longer. The lid doesn't have an underside, so you may have to make one. Other than that it's pretty straightforward.

If you use the advanced mode in SimPE, you don't need to change group names or anything such - you can replace the mesh directly with the dropdown options to the right in the menu that pops up when you choose "import" in the GMDC.

What I am actually hoping for is not a can, but this cup they hold in their hand. http://withlovefromsimtown.tumblr.com/day/2019/02/19
I'll look for that in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#17607 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:22 PM
I wrote can, but meant cup
Alchemist
#17608 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:38 PM
I wrote can, but meant cup

So if I skip the straw and lid, it would be easy? Since they aren't going to drink out of it, I can live with that. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#17609 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:46 PM
If you want the cup as-is, there's no need for remeshing.
If you want a cup without the straw and lid, you'd need to remesh, otherwise there'd be a gaping hole in it.
Alchemist
#17610 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:57 PM
If you want the cup as-is, there's no need for remeshing.
If you want a cup without the straw and lid, you'd need to remesh, otherwise there'd be a gaping hole in it.

Oh! So if I I leave it as it is with the straw and lid, it's easy. That's better.
Mad Poster
#17611 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:14 AM
Yup. You won't even need to open it in a meshing program if you don't want to do any changes to how it looks.

(I did open up the cup mesh to have a look, and the normals are slightly off - but it's probably not too visible ingame, and not something you have to change if you don't have any issues with how the original cup looks like).
Mad Poster
#17612 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Nope, because I am apparently an idiot. *laugh* Derpitty derp derp derp. Since SFS is back, I updated the original file, so redownload here and let the new file overwrite the old.

Thanks!

I have now become obsessed with prettifying my sky etc. XD Is there any way to change the blue sky to black sky in lot view? Also, is it normal for stars to show through clouds?
Mad Poster
#17613 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:11 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Feb 2019 at 1:23 AM.
What I am actually hoping for is not a can, but this cup they hold in their hand. http://withlovefromsimtown.tumblr.com/day/2019/02/19
I'll look for that in SimPE.

Out of curiosity I had a look at those replacement files, and I don't know if they work ingame, but from what I can see several of them seem to be mislabeled - but only when opened with other programs than 7zip. Never seen that before... They do seem fine when opened with 7zip, though.
Alchemist
#17614 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:43 AM
Out of curiosity I had a look at those replacement files, and I don't know if they work ingame, but from what I can see several of them seem to be mislabeled - but only when opened with other programs than 7zip. Never seen that before... They do seem fine when opened with 7zip, though.

I haven't noticed that, but I did manage this.

One day soon, I would like to actually understand this instead of feeling like I just flail around clicking randomly until it works. Thanks for the help!
Mad Poster
#17615 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:53 AM
Don't worry - getting it ingame and not having it replace another item is a huge step forward
Alchemist
#17616 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:56 AM
Don't worry - getting it ingame and not having it replace another item is a huge step forward

I feel like it. Now that I have this, can I just make recolors of it for the others? I cloned the wooden man statue to make it. Is that recolorable? I guess that would matter. How do I know if it is or not?
Mad Poster
#17617 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:09 AM
Try to use the design tool on it while in game? I can't recall by heart.

Alchemist
#17618 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Try to use the design tool on it while in game? I can't recall by heart.

Oh, yeah, that would make sense, thank you. I just tried recoloring them. It works fine.
Mad Poster
#17619 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:26 AM
Pretty! Good for you.

Scholar
#17620 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:40 AM
What do you guys do with clone babies besides fixing them with SimPE? I need stories for my clone babies. I only have (I think) 3 at the moment, hopefully no more now. Would love to have ideas for what to do with my clones!
Mad Poster
#17621 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:44 AM
Clones as...First born syndrome?

Scholar
#17622 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:48 AM
Yes, that annoying curse that keeps creeping up at me because silly me forgot to roll the pacifier! I really don't know what to do with my clone kids, I don't want to go through each one in SimPE so I want to use ideas for them. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17623 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Yes, that annoying curse that keeps creeping up at me because silly me forgot to roll the pacifier! I really don't know what to do with my clone kids, I don't want to go through each one in SimPE so I want to use ideas for them. :D

Without changing them in simpe, in game you can, with mods change their hobby, personality points and zodiac. Then change how they look with CC.

part of my loading my game up is going into CAS, rolling the random dice a few times. I do this not only to prevent FBS but also because houses load faster and if I want to buy clothes or change appearance in game, that also loads must faster. If I forget for some reason and go load a house without CAS then the whole game lag freezes for some minutes. makes a good reminder for me, but even if your game does not lag, it should still speed up house, clothes and facial windows if you load CAS first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17624 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:15 AM
I've done that with Regan & Cornwall's second son but if I change his face, he won't be "genetically correct" if that makes sense. Meaning, he won't essentially be a mix of his parents anymore. Just changing mouth width or something won't help me tell the clones apart. :P

Yeah, that's how I roll the pacifier via CAS but sometimes I forget. I can't tell the difference with loading times, I'll be honest. :P
Scholar
#17625 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:45 AM
My upcoming TS2 world will be loosely based on Fire Emblem. As such, I'll need blue/green/pink/purple hair. At the very least, is there a set of recolors of the original hairs and a way to add extra swatches?

Also, is there a way to make teens go gray?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Page 705 of 1347