Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#17526 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:57 PM
What are popular skins and defaults currently? Looking for good hair as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17527 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls

I have had "You Are What You Eat" now for well over 8 years and they have worked for me, Maxis Match plus over 20 different ones not only defaults.

They look way better in game than what the link show: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=9469.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17528 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 8:12 PM

Everybody has different tastes in this area. What's popular right now may or may not be a look that you're interested in. What do you prefer in the area of skins and hairs?
Mad Poster
#17529 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 8:16 PM

What helps also, is to go take a look at other people's sim pictures, in the Picture Forums. I am pretty sure, most of us know, what our sims are wearing, so we'd be able to let you know if ever you like what you see..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#17530 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:45 PM
@RoxEllen1965 I don't know my preferences yet that why I wanted to download a bunch of popular stuff and then nuke one by one until I only have stuff that suits me I used to like ultra realistic but I think now my taste is more maxis match but not that maxis match as in it's purest form. It always depends on each individual mod

I find that many old blogs that I liked do not exist anymore and browsing modthesims downloads people have dead links to genetics and meshes

@Rosebine cool didn't think the picture forums were that active here anymore
Top Secret Researcher
#17531 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The site is down for a bit while they pull a full backup, part of efforts to get everything working well again: https://simfileshare.tumblr.com/pos...owntime-warning

Basically, keep an eye on their tumblr. They're good about answering questions and making updates about what's going on. But, you know, bear in mind that this is a person with a real life, too. It's not like there's a whole team of techie employees working on this stuff. Patience is a virtue, and no one's gonna die if they can't download a piece of CC exactly when they want it.

Thanks very much for the info @iCad dear. I posted the info you gave and quoted you with credit to a Sims 2 group {a closed group} I belong to on Facebook. BTW It was the updated VC Mod by MidgeTheTree and a new one by her: Matchmaker Name Fix. I certainly don't need to get either right now though.

Take care.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17532 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 1:31 AM
No, playables affect it too. I have hardly any townies, just a handful and all my playables have some level of reputation from horrible to great.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17533 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:29 AM
Social Celebrities...I don't remember seeing this title for any of my sims!
I should go play...

Top Secret Researcher
#17534 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:57 AM
I found the lighting in The House of the Fallen Trees annoying. I did some research by looking at old threads and according to what I read to change it, you have to type in the cheat window 'SetLotLightingFile clear'.

My question is pretty simple, anyone tried the cheat on this lot and if so did it work?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Alchemist
#17535 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I found the lighting in The House of the Fallen Trees annoying. I did some research by looking at old threads and according to what I read to change it, you have to type in the cheat window 'SetLotLightingFile clear'.

My question is pretty simple, anyone tried the cheat on this lot and if so did it work?

I've only played that lot briefly, so I'd never noticed it, but, I just did it, and yeah, it changed the lighting. I'm also just noticing the roof is poking through the ceiling. Oh, Maxis.
Mad Poster
#17536 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:23 AM
Speaking of Social Status. does status actually DO anything? Like make it harder or easier to make friends?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#17537 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Speaking of Social Status. does status actually DO anything? Like make it harder or easier to make friends?
Doesn't it just determine which groups move into apartments or something like that?

Why isn't the Create forum displayed like all the others? I have a hard time seeing what's recently posted. Also, the site news... I only see links to it from the front page that I have to load specially to get back to it. Like, where's a normal link for the Crumplebottom challenge? I have to find the banner or the front page side menu for it every time. Am I just missing something obvious?
Top Secret Researcher
#17538 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I've only played that lot briefly, so I'd never noticed it, but, I just did it, and yeah, it changed the lighting. I'm also just noticing the roof is poking through the ceiling. Oh, Maxis.

According to my research the Lighting Dims on that Lot at Night, some people might like the spooky nature of that, but like I noted I found it rather annoying after a few days or so.

Thanks for letting me know on this. As for the roof issue, since I am likely to add another floor or so and then rebuild the roof it should not matter when I get around to actually using the lot.

Mad Poster
#17539 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:51 AM
The Create forum has been changed into "Upload." I don't know how to get straight to the challenges, either, but would think "Mod the Sims" or "Site" would be the place to start looking.

Social groups are what govern who moves into apartments. Social status involves your reputation and affects some OFB perks, networking results, how strangers interact with you, etc. It's possible people with bad reputations/low social status get their trash kicked more often than others do, but the only sim I ever had with a bad rep was Esteban Casa, the Grouchiest Man in Drama Acres, and I never tried to keep track of who was kicking his can over, whether total strangers or people he'd picked fights with.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17540 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:08 AM
I always go here http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558

Chat, help, challenges and everything else Sims 2 related are all spread out there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17541 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9

Yes it does work and I've used it quite often. I added the cheat to my userstartup.cheat file and gave it an alias.

alias lightfix "setLotLightingFile clear"

I don't use Maxis templates anymore so I don't see this problem as much as I used to, but I distinctly remember having the same problems with the lighting on several other lots after I first installed Nightlife. Some of the other lots in my game that were afflicted with the dimmed lighting were: Capp Manor, Sim State University's lounge lot, The Lulu Lounge in the default Downtown. I think the Secret Society lot at Académie Le Tour may also have been affected. The only reason I remember any of this stuff that far back is that I was trying to take screenshots and remember grumbling a lot about the lot lighting (I didn't know what caused it or how to fix it back then).
Alchemist
#17542 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 7:38 PM
AnyGameStarter.
if an AnyGame was made permanent, could AnyGameStarter's installer reverse it? or would the folder need to be replaced by a backup?
Mad Poster
#17543 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:35 AM
My current camera mod (Gunmod's) isn't zooming out far enough in neighbourhood view for me to see exactly where I'm placing my skybox/horizon. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Mad Poster
#17544 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:45 AM
Even pressing TAB does not help?

Instructor
#17545 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:19 AM
How do you hire a gardener to help me at my produce store. I want them to harvest and plant too.
Mad Poster
#17546 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:24 AM
You'd probably want to visit Sims wardrobe, and get the Employee gardening mod and some other goodies?
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...imwardrobe.com/

Mad Poster
#17547 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Even pressing TAB does not help?

Thanks, that showed me that my skybox was too small and that's why I kept seeing gaps in it.
Mad Poster
#17548 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 11:22 AM
For those of you following the story of Amy Dent and her brother Donald (post #17604 and posts on following pages), I can report that Amy and her brother are now townies, as I originally planned. Though they may not stay townies for long. As I reported elsewhere, Amy and Donald spent the day in the downtown Changing Hut before I made them townies. During that time they got a visit from a Welcome Wagon team that included Ginger Newson. I couldn't help noticing that, when Ginger thought about Donald, there were little love hearts round his picture. I got Donald to check her out, and he was attracted to her too. When the other guests left, and afternoon turned to evening, while Amy fell asleep on the sofa, the two teens squatted on the floor and chatted with each other. As they talked they felt that they had a lot in common; Donald loves and feels responsible for his little sister. By the time Ginger left, around midnight, they were very firm friends and I'm sure they'll take things further. When in the past I've tried to introduce Ginger to eligible local boys, she has made it abundantly clear to me that she just wasn't interested -- at least certainly not in as romantic sense. Now it looks as if she's found a soul-mate at last!

So many, many thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem. For the second time in a few days we have surmounted what looked like a major obstacle, and my Veronaville Sims keep marching on. They, and I, would like to express our sincere gratitude.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#17549 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You'd probably want to visit Sims wardrobe, and get the Employee gardening mod and some other goodies?
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...imwardrobe.com/

I downloaded all I could for employee management, but nothing is giving me the option to select an employee to be a gardener or a harvester.
Mad Poster
#17550 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:24 PM
There's a gap between my horizon box and my terrain. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong?
Screenshots
Page 702 of 1347