Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:54 PM
Default How do I shift my house on the lot? (Sims 3)
So I downloaded some of plasticbox's Wee Barnoid houses for the Sims 3 (base game), and they look really cute except for the fact that they're supposed to be up against the road and I can't move them. Is there a cheat or mod that I can use to shift the house closer to the road?

Thanks!!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 7:40 PM
This is a Sims 2 forum. You'll have much better luck asking people who actually play Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 10:55 PM
oops, sorry not really good at the forum just yet.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:41 AM
Moved to TS3.

Make sure when placing the empty lot, to place as close as you can to the road. If you place the house on the same size lot as what they were built on then they will be up against the road. Although there are many places in EA hoods that the lots won't snap to the road edge and always leave a small gap. :/
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 4:07 PM
The OP hasn't stated if they used the same size lot as the house, or a lot that's larger than the original house lot.

If they used a lot that's larger, then currently there is no way to move the house from the center of the lot to the edge. At the moment, there is no cut/copy and paste in build/buy mode.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 3:44 PM
I would dearly love to be able to relocate a house within its lot.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?