Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 1:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Visitors at all hours of the night?
I may have discovered a new glitch: I've got people ringing the doorbell of my sims' house at all crazy hours of the night. They seem to want to drop in and visit! Of course it wakes everybody up, including the weird uncle in the basement. Over the course of one night I bet I get four or five visitors, all after the regular visiting hours. It's nuts! I don't know what the heck I did to deserve this, but has anybody out there even heard of this before? The visitors are a mixture of friends, acquaintances and total strangers, and a couple of them have turned up in swimsuits, of all bizarre things. (There's no pool. I don't think there's a pool in the whole town. And no beaches. And it's early spring, so nobody's suntanning, especially at two am.)

The only thing I can assume it's the usual suspect: a funky download, or a clash of some sort. But honestly I've never heard of this happening. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 2:24 AM
Have you had any Sims wish for beauty from a genie? This is a glitch. If you made a wish for beauty from a genie and have that Sim either leave the lot or move house, the wish is made permanent. You get all sorts of Sims showing up in the middle of the night ringing the doorbell and then leaving saying it's too late for all eternity....

Beauty Wish Sanity should prevent this in the future. As said by Cyjon on that page, using their "Cyjon's Debugger " , placing it on the lot, navigate to "Fix.." and selecting "Orphaned Beauty Wish Token" should fix it for existing glitches.

However if this is not the case then just ignore everything I just said. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Have you had any Sims ! is a glitch. If you made a wish for beauty from a genie and have that Sim either leave the lot or move house, the wish is made permanent. You get all sorts of Sims showing up in the middle of the night ringing the doorbell and then leaving saying it's too late for all eternity....

Beauty Wish Sanity should prevent this in the future. As said by Cyjon on that page, using their "Cyjon's Debugger " , placing it on the lot, navigate to "Fix.." and selecting "Orphaned Beauty Wish Token" should fix it for existing glitches.

However if this is not the case then just ignore everything I just said. :P

Yes! The weird uncle went after the genie lamp while everyone else was at work, and wished for wealth, saving from death, and beauty! Holy crap, I had no idea this would happen. He hasn't moved house, but he has left home to go to work and come back . . . would that make it permanent? Never mind, I'm going to get that de-bugger thingie. It sounds like just what I need. Many thanks, Fyren5!! (Is it possible I've NEVER had anyone wish for beauty before? Because I've never had this happen, I would have remembered.) Thank god I don't have to do another fifty-fifty, it would kill me.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
Yes! The weird uncle went after the genie lamp while everyone else was at work, and wished for wealth, saving from death, and beauty! Holy crap, I had no idea this would happen. He hasn't moved house, but he has left home to go to work and come back . . . would that make it permanent? Never mind, I'm going to get that de-bugger thingie. It sounds like just what I need. Many thanks, Fyren5!! (Is it possible I've NEVER had anyone wish for beauty before? Because I've never had this happen, I would have remembered.) Thank god I don't have to do another fifty-fifty, it would kill me.

Going to work is technically leaving the lot so I'd say that's what made it permanent. You're welcome! The only reason how I thought of this possibility is because it happened in my own game and it drove me nuts. I'm here to save you from the insanity of those ding-dong crazy Sims! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Going to work is technically leaving the lot so I'd say that's what made it permanent. You're welcome! The only reason how I thought of this possibility is because it happened in my own game and it drove me nuts. I'm here to save you from the insanity of those ding-dong crazy Sims! :D

I read up on Cyjon's mod and it said not to install it while the wish was still in effect, about four days. (Four days with constantly interrupted sleep is a LONG time, lol.) So I played out the four days to see if it would end or if it was going to be a permenent nightmare, but it all stopped, so WHEW! Now I'll get those two mods you mentioned and try never to wish for beauty again, ha ha. Thanks again for your help! What a dumb thing, aren't wishes supposed to make your life better, not a thousand times worse? Well, I guess you meet a lot of new people, which is handy if you're in a career that requires a lot of friends to advance.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
What a dumb thing, aren't wishes supposed to make your life better, not a thousand times worse?
Well, there's a reason for the saying, "Be careful what you wish for." All those visitors kicking your door off its hinges at all times of day (and night!) is just the price for word of your newfound beauty getting out (and it will get out).

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right