Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#351 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 1:35 AM
I'm sorry I'm so late. My prayers go out to all who were affected by the hurricane. I've donated several times to the Red Cross already. I also made a small donation to Habitat For Humanity, as I have seen first hand the wonderful work they do. I only wish I could do more.

I also send my prayers to those in Texas, and pray that Rita dies down before hitting land.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#352 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 1:26 PM
I'm so happy to hear that he and his family are just fine!!!:D:cdance:

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 4:28 PM
[QUOTE=Delphy]Hi All,

Because of the recent catastrophe caused by Hurricane Katrina, we are replacing our Google advertisements with a Red Cross donation banner. Clicking this banner will take you to the American Red Cross website, where you can donate to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

MTS2 has nearly 100,000 members. If everyone makes even a small contribution, we can still make a big difference in the outcome of this tragedy. Please donate to the Red Cross today.

I`ve sendt a small donation,and i was wondering, in light of recent events, like the earthquake who jolted several Pakistani cities,where The 7.6-magnitude quake on Saturday demolished whole communities, mostly in the Himalayan region of Kashmir. The U.N. estimated that some 4 million people have been affected, including 2 million who have lost their homes.

Would it be possible to have a banner to help them as well?
Field Researcher
#354 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 6:32 PM
I'm sure there is enough humanity at this site to give a little help to everyone. If no additional donation links are set up I'm pleased to see people leaving links for information and where they can offer support. It makes harrowing reading. We are all pretty much world citizens now (particularly at MTS2) and part of that is being constantly aware of what is happening elsewhere. It's not an awareness that we've had a gradual adjustment to and for many people it's too much to take in. I applaud anyone who gives, in whatever way they can, when they observe suffering. It's not always money, sometimes it's solidarity, sometimes it's protest. In most cases all three are needed to make a significant difference.

A few days ago, maybe last week, FEMA (The Federal Emergency Management Agency) which is an incorporated part of the government, wrote to JWoods at his new address, where he is staying with friends, to tell him they were dropping his application for help because they couldn't find him. Now, does anyone see the obvious mistake here? Where the excuse that FEMA gives falls down so clearly? He has only been trying to get the support due to his family that everyone else hit by this catastrophe expects.

I shall say no more for fear of putting words into anyone else's mouth but I'm very interested in your opinion of this agency and the reason they gave for dropping JWoods' case.

Please visit his page here:

http://webpages.charter.net/cntrykm...a%20Updates.htm
Test Subject
#355 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 12:19 AM
If everyone on this site donates just one dollar, we would be able to raise probably over 100k, conisder it
Part-time Hermit
#356 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 8:26 PM
Just wondering, has anyone heard from Jack for a while? I don't think he's posted here for over a month.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#357 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 10:36 PM
Yes, I just heard from Jack. They've been very busy moving into a place of their own (they'd still been with their wonderful friends who came and helped them get out of the flooded ruined area), working, and getting ready for the holidays. So RL has had to be the priority as they start to rebuild their lives. The aid situation has still be not so good, but they're managing anyway.
Part-time Hermit
#358 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 5:18 AM
Thanks for the news
The ModFather
retired moderator
#359 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 1:30 PM
I can't say for sure, but reading between the lines of Jack's emails, I see that probably it's not just a matter of lack of time: I guess (and it would be comprehensible) that what happened to him made him partly lose interest in things like TS2 and modding. When RL requires all your attention and efforts, the modding activity may seem quite pointless...
I hope to be wrong, though, because he is one of the most valuable members of the modding Community. Eventually, he'll come back to us, hopefully.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Part-time Hermit
#360 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 2:30 PM
Yes, it would be completely understandable if that's the case. Game modding probably seems quite trivial when you have huge changes like that going on in your life.
Cult Leader
#361 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 8:32 AM
Oh god, i'm so glad you guys are ok. I have never had to struggle through something as devastating so would never know how you feel, but be strong and all our love goes to you and your family. xoxoxo
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#362 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 11:59 PM
I emailed Jack a couple of days ago to see how he was, and he asked me to ask anyone who knew him to email him as he has lost everyone's email address, so that way he will be able to keep in touch with you.

If you no longer have his address, and wish to contact him, please email or PM me for it. I don't want to post it in an open forum.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#363 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 1:43 AM
Thanks for telling us! I will email him asap.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 15 of 15