Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 12:26 PM
Default Question about traveling and destination worlds
Hello,
I couldn't choose where to post this thread since it concerns both World Adventures, University and the NRAAS Traveller mod. Sorry for the inconvenience if it was posted in the wrong section.

My question is: do the changes made in destination worlds (University, WA worlds, etc) also affect other families who travel to the same destination in your home world?
To explain in an example; I am playing the Brown family in Sunset Valley and I sent them to university. Then a bunch of things happened to the townies in the university world when my Brown family was there; I married a townie, another townie died, and so on. Then my Brown family graduated and came back home to Sunset Valley, and I switched active families to the Watson family and sent them to university too. Will the university town be fresh, like the Brown family never visited it? Will de deceased townie be alive etc? Or will it continue from where the Brown family left off when visiting?

Thank you so much in advance.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:09 PM
IIRC, the changes should remain. Especially if you are using Traveller.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 8:21 PM
As long as you are within the same ongoing game, yes the world that loads up upon arrival is the one as you last left it. Not a new version of it. With the Traveler mod, you can play sims in different connected homeworlds as well, so if later on you send an active household from Bridgeport instead of SV to Uni while still within the same ongoing game, it will still be the same Uni World that you last saw with the sims as you last left them, possibly aged a bit depending on your Traveler settings for foreign aging while playing in the homeworlds, and with some room for new Uni students to arrive as needed when the term starts.

You can force Uni World to re-create itself from scratch, but it doesn't sound like that's what you want to have happen.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
With the Traveler mod, you can play sims in different connected homeworlds as well, so if later on you send an active household from Bridgeport instead of SV to Uni while still within the same ongoing game, it will still be the same Uni World that you last saw with the sims as you last left them (...)

Wow, connected homeworlds? What does that mean? You don't mean different saves do you? Because I normally play different homeworlds in different saves, as the usual way?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Wow, connected homeworlds? What does that mean? You don't mean different saves do you? Because I normally play different homeworlds in different saves, as the usual way?

No, I do not mean across different saves. I mean Traveler mod connected homeworlds within the same ongoing save.

http://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler-FAQ
(scroll down a bit to see the Switching Homeworlds section)