Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:53 PM
Default How to import TS2 movies to use in the TS3 Store Movie Theater?
Is there a way to import TS2 movies into the new TS3 movie theater? Does a tutorial for how to do this exist? I couldn't find anything on a search of the TS3 site.

The movies in the new theater are too short and don't give sims in a group outing enough time to be seated so they can watch the movie together. >.<

You also need to turn down or completely turn off sim autonomy while on the lot. Having to watch your sims play jack in the box every time you try to seat them to watch a movie is a real pain in the rear. :\

I'm hoping to make a mod which tries to address and correct these game play features. I'm guessing the easiest way to approach this is to make the movie session last longer i.e. 1-2 sim hours instead of the couple of sim minutes. This would give sims in a group enough time to be seated and participate in the "join" interaction.

Some potential sources for custom movies I'm considering are:

1. using TS2 movie clips posted around the web

2. using TS2 and/or TS3 machinima? don't know the file format for this

3. trying to import sim home movies made with the Gen camera into the movie theater?

4. using real life .avi etc movie clips (like viral movie clips from Youtube and around the web etc). If #4 is possible, then the content sims could view in the new theater would be infinite.

thanks for any help on this
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:40 PM
Sounds awesome! I don't know anything that can really help you, but I would imagine it'd be possible to convert any video file to the necessary format for sim-viewing.

Good luck, I hope you find the info you need, I'd love to see a mod like you described, and definitely some more "movies" to watch!