Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 2:55 PM Last edited by varpunen : 7th Feb 2013 at 3:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
by updating the routing you can bring a sim closer to the object.(this often requieres you to update the footprint aswell.)
RLST and FTP(s3PE)or slot tabs in tsrw
and your welcome

I didn't know that. Again I learned something more. Is it by klicking and editing the "Transformation" line in the Route Entries in TSRW? And then editing the X Z X Z values in the Footprint Editor?

Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
No problem, I think that your idea to make those pieces pushable is very smart, Harry Potter chess anyone?

I think EA should have done this themselves in the first place. We have this in one of the parks in my town and it's a lot of fun. Harry Potter chess... great idea.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#27 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 5:43 PM
The footprint(under footprints) you can do automaticly by choosing a few faces of a meshgroup(drop down menu below ''from mesh'' in the popup)
or do it manual, by editing Xvalue and Zvalue.

The routing(under route entries) is indeed by clicking the transformation button and edit the X and Z at the bottom.(in the popup)
If your using one of the latest versions of TSRW the RIG gets updated automaticly, if not you have to also edit the same offsets in the RIG.

You can do this directly within TSRW with the S3PE plugin( and Atavera's rig plugin for s3PE)
edit
project contents
right click RIG
choose open as package in S3PE when in S3PE right click angain and choose edit rig(or use the grid when you dont have A's tools installed)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 6:30 PM
Okay, I got the footprint smaller by choosing a a propriate values from the drop down menu and then klicking the "Calculate" button.

In the Route Entries -> Transformation -> Slot Editor, there is a bunch of narrow boxes at the bottom of the pop up box with numbers 0, 1 and -1. Do I copy the new fooprint value to these or only into some of then? And do I do the same thing to all four Route sections?

And yes, I'm using the latest TSRW.
Sockpuppet
#29 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 8:32 PM
no, routing and footprint are 2 diffrent things
Looking at your screenshot you managed to make the footprint smaller, looks fine.
Your done with those.

If you click route entries/transformation you will see its point appear in the 3d view.
it has 3 axis/arrows, XY and Z.(see screenshot)
When opening the sloteditor you will see its name/hash, its flags and its transformation wich contains the 12 boxes.
You only need the bottom row of boxes, those represent the XYZ.(the others are used to rotate each axis)
The middle bottom box you can ignore also as it is its height(Y) wich you do not need to edit.
So only the bottom left(X) and the bottom right box(Z).

If i am correct those boxes already have values in them, just edit them(add 0,25 orso) and see were the arrows in the 3d window moves to.
All are most likly centered already(prolly 0) with a height of 0 so if i am correct there is only one box to edit(the one that already contains a value)
Edit it and see if it brings the arrows closer to your object.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 12:57 AM
Thank you for explaining the to me so clearly. I understand it now.

I edited the Route entries but for some reason it not quite working. The base values were 1 and -1. I started with 0,3 but that made the sim give a routing tantrum. Then I tried with 0,4 and that worked but the sim's arms were totally disjointed. Then I tried with 0,5 and even though the distance looks good, the arms/hands don't and the sim's movement is a bit jerky.

Would it be best to just keep the original values, even though there will be a gap?
Sockpuppet
#31 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 7:19 AM
it works, the sims body moved.
But i suspect IkChains are also involved for the hands.
You find them under Kinematic entries if they are there.
edit them the same way.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 6:24 PM Last edited by varpunen : 19th Feb 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 11:07 AM
Okay, I edited one figure - like in Route Entries - to 0,25. That moved the arrows closer but didn't change the placement of the hands in game. (Though I think I just created a meteor magnet because I got my very first meteor hit when testing the chess piece )

Should I edit the three other numbers or some of them in the same pop up box?
Sockpuppet
#34 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 12:27 PM
You need to check wether the RIG got updated with the same values(with S3PE and TSRW's S3PE plugin)
Animation files read from the RIG instead of the RLST

i have to warn you tho
If those IkChains are parented TSRW usually messes things up bad in the RIG file..
So start with a backup were you didn't edit the hands in tsrw and only edit them directly in the rig.

srry, should have said this earlier...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:51 PM
I downloaded the Atavera's Rig Editor plug-in for s3pe. I placed those files in the S3PE folder along with the Granny2 (2006 version). The Rig Editor shows up in the S3PE Rig menu but gives an error message "Launch failed". I tried this because I couldn't understand about the Rig Hex values and the "Edit" option was greyed out. I also couln't find a a tutorial about how to edit the Rig file. Is there one somewhere?
Sockpuppet
#36 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:34 PM
You have to ask on simlogical on how to install them best.
I had endless pointless discussions bout it when i didn't got them to work.

i installed S3PE in the 64bit folder and unzipped the wrappers in the S3PE folder and have them working while others tried to do the same and failed.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:40 PM
Just an update. After playing around the rig editor plug-ins, my S3PE went totally haywire and I had to give in. I'm actually satisfied with the base animaton/statues working as intented, even if the hands are not touching the object. Do you think this would be a reason enough for them getting rejected from upload?
Sockpuppet
#38 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 10:57 AM
uh, you shouldn't ask me that...
i stopped uploading here because of silly rejections. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
uh, you shouldn't ask me that...
i stopped uploading here because of silly rejections. :D

Oh, okay. I'll try to tweak them some more and see if I can solve anything. If I decide to leave them as is, I'll just upload them to my own site then. Thank you for all your help and patience.
Page 2 of 2