Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 87
Scholar
#51 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:44 AM
Thanks alot! Great work!
Instructor
#52 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:45 AM
Question:

Can this tool recognize conflicted mods?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:10 AM
Thank you soooo much!!! I can go back to making houses again! I gotta ask, if i wanna use the custom content that is corrupted can i just remove the affected CC and replace it with an un-corrupted version of it, or will the problem reoccure? If i can do i have to redownload it or can i just use the one i have on my computer. Thanks again =].

I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
I have seen your future.
And I have learned.
There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:16 AM
Have it installed and it works well. Do notice a difference in performance (favorably).
Thank you for all you do.
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:37 AM
Have a stupid question, but that won't stop me. What does deleting the cache do? Can deleting them negatively impact the game? (, so have been holding off doing that as yet)
Field Researcher
#56 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:38 AM
Conflicting mods would be another handy issue to detect. At least in terms of basic XML mods.

Everyone should keep in mind that as Delphy stated, this wont detect every problem, and there are plenty of mods out there that open fine, test fine but still cause slowdowns.

It's also best to merge your mods into larger packages than having hundreds or thousands of separate package files.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#57 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:58 AM
Ooh, you really did this tool, FANTASTIC!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:04 PM
how do you get the files in there??
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#59 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:10 PM
Celebriton - No, it doesn't. It only detects things that can cause the blue lot issue/slowdown, and TS2 files at this point.

pr0zkilla - You should be able to remove it and replace it with a working version - or run it through Delphy's blue lot fixer tool majigger, which I think someone has linked upthread somewhere.

gsteinum - Deleting cache files is perfectly safe and is a good idea whenever you add or remove content, especially script/core/xml stuff but -any- content. They will regenerate afresh next time you run the game.

Timone - Please read the instructions in the first post.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:23 PM
Celebriton / Anach:

I'd be interested to know how you would intend any "mod conflict" checker to actually work. The most basic way I can think of would be to keep a track of every applicable resource type (XML, coremod, etc) and which file it is in and then check against every other file to see if there is a duplicate (kind of like the duplicate checker in DDO but MUCH more advanced).

Problem with this approach is that you'd have to somehow store all of the resources, which filename they are in, and then for each new filename you check against that list. That'd slow down scanning immensely and be fairly complex.

I might take a crack at something like this though.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:35 PM
Awsome Thanks. I tried doing what i asked but its still considered corrupted so i'll go download the blue lot fixer thingy. Thanks for the reply.

*Update*

The Blue lot fixer works like a charm. The file is not corrupted anymore *Woohoo*. I have'nt checked in-game yet though. BTW anyone using Norton Virus Scanner with SONAR may get a security popup thingy, just a heads up.

I have walked the edge of the Abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
I have seen your future.
And I have learned.
There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:50 PM
Thanks. Works flawlessly for me. (Win7 Prof. x64, German Base Game)
Scholar
#63 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:10 PM
Nice tool. But a conflict and duplicate file detection would be a nice addition as already mentioned.

I think creating a list of the TGIs in all the packages together with the filenames should be enough. And then just detect duplicate TGIs and highlight the affected files in the list.

Btw: Does your tool detect empty (0 byte) packages? They can cause CTDs.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:32 PM
Sorry, I have to correct my previous statement. The cache-part doesn't work. I suppose, you forgot to localize the path.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#65 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:47 PM
Default Error box after hitting refresh button
Hi Delphy,

Thanks for all your hard work in providing Simmers with wonderfully useful tools for the Sims. :lovestruc

I only had 3 corrupt files! Got lucky I guess.

I use Vista, and here's what I get after hitting the refresh button:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#66 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:56 PM
Thanks, Delphy. I can now enjoy playing my game again. It identified several corrupt files that were making my game miserable to play. I'm so happy. no more lag, no more choppy rendering/gray graphics.
Theorist
#67 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:04 PM
Thank you so much for making this
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:07 PM
thanks delphy wonderful job again..been waiting on this tool.
Test Subject
#69 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:14 PM
Thanks, it worked out great for me!
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:32 PM
Delphy: You. Are. A. God!! Oh man this works wonderfully, along with your blue lot fixer-and everything is showing up clear and awesome! So I will now divulge myself in playing Sims right now. Amazing work as per the usual, keep it up!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
Hi Delphy,

Thanks for all your hard work in providing Simmers with wonderfully useful tools for the Sims. :lovestruc

I only had 3 corrupt files! Got lucky I guess.

I use Vista, and here's what I get after hitting the refresh button:

Yep I can confirm this on Vista 32bit. Pressing refresh invokes the apearance of several of these windows for me one after another until the check has finished.

Initial running of the tool showed up 3 'corrupt' files - they were the Lemoncandy's Calla lillies from this thread http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=370172

Which I note now have been updated as per this: EDIT 29/11/2009.
These objects became broken with the patch 1.6.6 and the expansion and caused the "blue lot syndrome". I have fixed them now so if you still want to use them with World Adventures, please re-download.

So great work Delphy, the tool truly works as it's meant to.

Also - those people who are asking for a delete files function - if you really want to deleted the corrupted file it's simple enough to choose 'open root' from the programme and use the search function to locate the file in your mods folder and delete it that way
Field Researcher
#72 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:49 PM
Thank you, thank you! This will come in very useful! You always meet our needs in Simsland. Thank you for your continued efforts on all our behalf!
Test Subject
#73 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:00 PM
Thanks Delphy again!!! I used before the blue lot Fixer regulary so now I found only 1 object to disabled. Great work!!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:13 PM
can someone tell me which cache files i need to clear and how do I know if my games got a full framework. I don't quite understand the technical parts of the game. Thanks
Scholar
#75 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:21 PM
OK, I have to confirm that the cache detection doesn't work here, with a german game. Everything is shown as 0 bytes.

And I get this error message while refreshing the list:

Does that mean, a package is corrupted?

The tool highlights no file.
Page 3 of 87