Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 10:05 AM Last edited by Gamegenius : 21st Dec 2017 at 5:34 AM. Reason: Solved it by removing 5f59c570 from the package name.
Default No data in texture file when I open it in Simpe.
How come some files you download have nothing in there when you open it? I'm talking about this one in particular http://simsomia.blogspot.ru/2014/10...tyle-tf-03.html.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:33 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There are two files, one is the mesh and the other the recolor. The mesh file does not have the textures, the recolor file does.

What I meant to say is that I opened up the texture file because the game wouldn't recognize it and I wanted to see what's wrong with it but there was nothing in it. The mesh is fine though.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:34 PM Last edited by maxon : 20th Dec 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Might be slaved to something else.

Edit:
Though I took a quick look at it and the texture is there so if you're not seeing it, you're either looking in the wrong place or file or perhaps the file got corrupted when you DL it.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:01 AM Last edited by Gamegenius : 21st Dec 2017 at 5:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Might be slaved to something else.

Edit:
Though I took a quick look at it and the texture is there so if you're not seeing it, you're either looking in the wrong place or file or perhaps the file got corrupted when you DL it.

Well that's strange when I redownloaded and installed it, I took another look and there's still nothing in there but the other files work perfectly fine. I'm using Google Chrome in case that helps.

Edit: Never mind I was able to fix it by removing 5f59c570 like you did but I just didn't notice until now. Thanks for both of you guys help and I'm so grateful that I don't have to do the same to the Russian files that I downloaded because it would be such a hassle to find a translator and rename the files one by one.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 3:00 PM
That's .... weird. There's no reason the filename should have any effect. The only reason I did it is because I can't stand all those random numbers Bodyshop adds to filenames and even with a file I'm temporarily messing around with I have to change. Anyway, you can name files anything you like - so just change them to something that makes sense for you.

Edit - I just downloaded that file again (hate Adfly) and tested without changing the name. Still shows in Bodyshop, still can see the texture in SimPE - so I don't think it's changing the name that did it. It sounds like there's something about changing the name on your computer that forced it to read the file properly? Weirder still.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That's .... weird. There's no reason the filename should have any effect. The only reason I did it is because I can't stand all those random numbers Bodyshop adds to filenames and even with a file I'm temporarily messing around with I have to change. Anyway, you can name files anything you like - so just change them to something that makes sense for you.

Edit - I just downloaded that file again (hate Adfly) and tested without changing the name. Still shows in Bodyshop, still can see the texture in SimPE - so I don't think it's changing the name that did it. It sounds like there's something about changing the name on your computer that forced it to read the file properly? Weirder still.

It's indeed weird but it fixed my problem and the clothes showed up properly in the game so i'm happy about that.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 8:05 PM
Files should only have Aa-Zz, 0-9 and -_ in them. Folders can have spaces, but this may take longer for the game to read. Files should not have spaces in them. If there are special characters in a file (dots and other punctuation, brackets of any kind, or various other non-alphanumeric characters), the game may or may not be able to read the files, and if the files are read then loading may take longer.

Several people have had troubles with files where special characters or extra punctuation was added (and yes, this turned out to be the actual problem - I remember someone had named their files something like "1.red.package" and couldn't get the files to show - removing the extra dot solved the problem). Brackets and some other characters tend to work fine, but since they may make loading longer, it's best to avoid them since they add unnecessary characters to the real filename. SimPE should be able to read most files with special characters (extra dots being a clear exception, since anything behind the dot may be considered to be the file extension). I've even managed to open files with asian characters - but I have no idea if they showed ingame.