Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional solar panels and water heater (Discontinued)

by Sigma1202 Posted 19th Aug 2019 at 1:48 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2020 at 10:45 PM by Sigma1202

193 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#176 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:54 AM
Could we possibly get deco versions of these, if you're discontinuing them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#177 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lareiielle
Could we possibly get deco versions of these, if you're discontinuing them?

I uploaded the water heater, you can get it from the download section, to get the solar panel click on the link that's on top of the description, or just click here
Test Subject
#178 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:58 AM
Hi, why was the mod discontinued?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 7:55 AM
Thank you very much for providing this awesome mod which made living "off the grid" more fun. You took the opportunity EA missed until now. I loved to play with your mod and I will definitely continue using the water heater prop.
Test Subject
#180 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 2:20 AM
I wonder if you can keep on updating it? Because I am not getting the new Eco pack and I love these solar panels.
Test Subject
#181 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 3:32 AM
A quick FYI: if one has this functional solar panels and water heater mod installed, and after the June 3, 2020 update is experiencing a weird phenomena in which a significant number of placed objects disappear and end up in the household inventory when entering the lot, pulling the script from this mod may solve the problem. Doing so will not restore the moved objects to their prior positions, but will prevent a recurrence when falling back to a previous save.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 3:50 PM
Getting Last Exceptions understandably after the update, but wanted to say thanks for your great mod! Your mod really enhanced my game until Eco came along (should be main game imo, but that's for another time!) Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 11:21 PM
yes i agree this was a good mod and could still be for those who dont have eco living yet or just not in the cards aka money to buy cause life
Test Subject
#184 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaeton99
A quick FYI: if one has this functional solar panels and water heater mod installed, and after the June 3, 2020 update is experiencing a weird phenomena in which a significant number of placed objects disappear and end up in the household inventory when entering the lot, pulling the script from this mod may solve the problem. Doing so will not restore the moved objects to their prior positions, but will prevent a recurrence when falling back to a previous save.

So that's what that was! I thought it was a strange bug by the patch. I noticed it happened on one "Off the Grid" lot I set up and when I went to another household that was on the grid with the panels, the objects were gone too.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#185 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 3:51 AM
I am sorry that your mod was discontinued. I will get the deco versions since I'm not ready to get Eco Lifestyle yet.
THANK YOU!!!!
Test Subject
#186 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:19 AM
This mod was less buggy than Eco Living ever will be XD
Test Subject
#187 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 1:44 AM
These were great mods. Currently playing with Eco turned off in options, unfortunately that also disables the new solar panels, water collector, generator, etc. Wish there was a way to make them functional without needing the other Eco cr*p turned on.
Scholar
#188 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 8:32 AM
This download looks very interesting as I have one sim living "off the grid" but I do not know what version I should pic. I do not want my sim to have "full power" just enough to run some basic items like the fridge and maybe something more.
Test Subject
#189 Old 18th May 2021 at 11:17 AM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I try to download this mod it says that it's either a unknown format or broken.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#190 Old 18th May 2021 at 7:08 PM
Just a reminder that this is discontinued, since Eco Living.
It probably doesn't work any more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 30th May 2021 at 1:58 PM
Hi, I have decided not to get Eco Living because of the bugs and some of the features they added into the NAPs that don't appeal to my game play. What needs to be updated to make this mod work? Wondering if I can take a crash course and make the mod work.
Test Subject
#192 Old 30th May 2021 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MahTeddy
I wonder if you can keep on updating it? Because I am not getting the new Eco pack and I love these solar panels.

I wish the mod creator would respond or that another modder would choose to adopt this mod, like LittleMsSam, she is amazing.
Test Subject
#193 Old 30th May 2021 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigma1202
I uploaded the water heater, you can get it from the download section, to get the solar panel click on the link that's on top of the description, or just click here

If you place just the package file, without the script file you can use them as deco. In my save game I removed the script file from the mod folder and the solar panels and water heater remain in the game.
Test Subject
#194 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:18 PM
Does anyone have sg5150's solar panels? Her blog is down
Page 8 of 8