Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaSTable Magic Gnome Overrides - Randomly AutoColoured - Convertible to Garden Gnomes

by AussomeDays Posted 14th Mar 2016 at 11:33 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2016 at 11:08 PM by AussomeDays : fixed typos...errrr

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 7:45 AM
I am impressed - I never paid much attention to gnomes. It seems that was a big mistake! Thank you for working this out! One question though. If I "objectify" a gnome with your mod and export the lot it it placed on, does it revert to a regular (moving) gnome if someone without your mod installs the lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
I am impressed - I never paid much attention to gnomes. It seems that was a big mistake! Thank you for working this out! One question though. If I "objectify" a gnome with your mod and export the lot it it placed on, does it revert to a regular (moving) gnome if someone without your mod installs the lot?

Hi Vincent,
If the other person doesn't have the mod, it will probably get replaced with a regular non-CaSTable Mysterious Mr. Gnome (according to the fallback ID), unless for some reason that spazzes out and nothing shows up at all. When you convert moving to non-moving, it uses a new ID that other people won't have in their game unless they download this mod, so the fallback should be used if I'm understanding things correctly.

Hope that makes sense.

Amanda
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 6:18 PM
Aww, look at the colours! The gnomes usually annoy me, especially the ones that spawn INSIDE the house lol. I think I may tolerate them more now with this mod installed Thanks you!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 8:16 AM
Yes, perfectly, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 1:31 PM
This is very neat!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 5:47 PM
I love this idea! Now I can keep better track of all those Mysterious Mr. Gnomes that come from sending collectibles in the mail.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 11:23 AM
The only thing I'm torn about is the "sculpturify" thing. I like the look of the teenage gnome and wish he could stay forever young, but I don't want to take away his freedom to move around. But that aside, this mod is awesome! I love giving my gnomes new appearances.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 9:09 PM
Thank you so much for this!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:58 PM
Best mod ever! I love all the random colors I can now get thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 8:27 AM
Now that I think about it, IS there a way to keep gnomes from aging without freezing them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madamebellanova
Now that I think about it, IS there a way to keep gnomes from aging without freezing them?

If I'm recalling correctly, it seems we ran into problems back when we were working on these. I'll see if I can get my husband to review the script again when he has time, but I'm not sure that anything else can be done at this point without breaking something else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 8:35 PM
Thank you very much for your contribution
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 5:46 PM
Does this work with patch 1.69? I have tried several times as I'm on patch 1.69 and they don't show up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puddloveswwe
Does this work with patch 1.69? I have tried several times as I'm on patch 1.69 and they don't show up?

Hi,
I kinda thought they would, but I honestly can't say for sure. We finally had our game running very smoothly, so when 1.69 became available, we decided not to update and leave things as they were. All our mods are based on 1.67, though there haven't been any inquiries from other users having problems with 1.69. You could try deleting the cache files to make sure there aren't any leftovers in there that may be causing issues.

Amanda
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AussomeDays
Hi,
I kinda thought they would, but I honestly can't say for sure. We finally had our game running very smoothly, so when 1.69 became available, we decided not to update and leave things as they were. All our mods are based on 1.67, though there haven't been any inquiries from other users having problems with 1.69. You could try deleting the cache files to make sure there aren't any leftovers in there that may be causing issues.

Amanda

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. I have put them into the mods/packages folder and even the overrides. I will try that.
Instructor
#17 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 6:08 AM
Nooo! I want these for TS4!!! *cries*
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jasperville
Nooo! I want these for TS4!!! *cries*
Here you go every gnome ever made into sims 4 https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...sions-905044318

Every gamer is unique take your time to find your own style, your own way to play,don't try to blend in with everyone, go on be different stand out don't be afraid, no matter what your age, no matter what you like you are you and that's what matters most.Go out at there have fun and play! ^-^