Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 5:19 AM
Default Death token?
As much as i remember the reason Bella i can't be brought back is because she has a Death token. So is that the reason why her portrait is still colored? Would it act the same if i gave the token to any sim. I Can't play with Mary-Sue, she is a very boring sim. So i kinda want to get rid of her but not actually kill her and maybe i would like to bring her back in the future. Is the death token i good solution for this?

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 1:16 PM
I would have her quit her job and put her in the bin. It's sort of a pergatory.

That said, I enjoyed Mary-Sue. Once she divorced Daniel and realized she was gay, she was a little less uptight. But still uptight.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 1:39 PM
Any sims you don't want, move into a lot on the edge someplace and add a simlogical prison tag to the inventory of. It looks like a CD and bans them from appearing anywhere. If they try it will whisk them away. You may also need the VC in your game for this to work I heard. I'm not sure on that point though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 2:13 PM
I already did the token way, it wasn't the desired effect, but i was good enough. She is gray in the family tree and id did add memories of her dying but i deleted them from her family members and they do not seem to be very affected by this. So all i can do is wish her good luck on pursuing the law career in Belladona Cove. She always liked the fast and busy life that the city offers, right?

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 4:40 PM
What is a death token?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 17th Aug 2019 at 1:01 AM.
When I want to remove sims from play, I change the family instance to something that I don't have attached, like I make them a downtownie in a hood that doesn't have a downtown, for example. This removes them from play safely and you can have them back if you want. I don't like any sims in the bin and don't want to mess with prisoner tags/tokens and visitor controller, so this works best for me. It sounds kinda like what you are looking for. If so, you can do it in SimPE or you can use Inge's teleporter cat, which is what I prefer to do in game.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 5:29 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 16th Aug 2019 at 6:45 PM.
I personally wouldn't use the Death token. While it doesn't seems it corrupt the hood, it make sims unplayable unless edit it in SimPE and apparently resurrecting them. Every-time you try to move them in or summon them to the lot, you get a pop up that the sim has died on another lot (the hoods that come with the game are corrupted). Bella has this token in the non-clean version of Pleasant-view. In Meetme2river's clean version, she is in the townie pool.

I personally prefer moving sims to a empty lot with a phone, so sims can still socialize with these sims. It kinda make them supporting characters and like townies, if you don't want to kill them. Prisoner Token is great if you don't want them to appear at ALL as guests or on community lots.

Death token: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/I_Am_Dead_Token
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 12:47 AM
It's called the prisoner tag not token. I use to also call it token until it was pointed out that Simlogical also has a prisoner token but that is a different item altogether. The tag looks like a CD and goes in a sim's inventory while the token goes on the wall to enrol prisoners.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~