Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:01 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 8th Jul 2019 at 7:17 PM. Reason: Found!
Default WCIF Jasana_Bugbreeder's Cellar Fridge With Baby/Toddler Bottles Enabled?
Back in 2008 Jasana_Bugbreeder created and shared a "cellar fridge", which can be found here. It's designed to be used for historical/rural games, and I'm currently using it for my latest attempt at a TS2 version of the Midnight Sun Challenge.

But sims can't use it to feed babies or toddlers (with bottles), which is not massively useful now that Skye Weiss has just given birth to a half-alien son.... I could've sworn that I saw an edited version of this fridge somewhere a while ago which allowed sims to take bottles out of the fridge to feed babies/toddlers. Does anyone know where I could find such a thing (if I didn't imagine it!)? :-)

**ETA** Never mind - I found it here :-)

**ETA** Not found after all! Well, sort of found, but I can't get it to work in my game :-( The option to Feed Baby shows up on the fridge but sims can't actually do it - they get "route blocked" thought bubbles and can't complete the action. Has anyone else got it to work?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 8:22 AM
I used the cellar fridge a lot back in the day, don't remember having trouble feeding the babies. However, I can't find any newer files in my storage than the original FridgeRobinson, so am unable to offer a different version. Sorry.

Can't fix your actual issue, but there are a couple of breastfeeding mods available, or one of those permanent bottles which can be left lying around without spoiling. Just in case that might be news to somebody.
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
**ETA** Not found after all! Well, sort of found, but I can't get it to work in my game :-( The option to Feed Baby shows up on the fridge but sims can't actually do it - they get "route blocked" thought bubbles and can't complete the action. Has anyone else got it to work?

I found that if you click right on the very front edge of the steps that go down into the ground, then the Sims will route properly to go into the cellar and get a bottle or toddler food. Otherwise they'll route-fail. I found this out completely by accident, but it works every time. Don't ask me why, though!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 4:39 PM
Ooh, I'm glad there's a way after all!

I know I've had various other instances like that, where stuff only works if you help the sim position themselves to use it first---I guess because the normal pathing logic can't figure out the access route?

I can't think of any examples that are exactly the same off the top of my head, but what does come to mind is the way that desk chairs sometimes get stuck in use right after a sim has finished using a computer. So if you click on the just-used computer to have another sim use it, they go over but then stomp when they get there, even when the other sim has gone several steps away and isn't actually blocking them. So if instead you just always click Sit on the chair in front of the computer, then queue them up to use the computer immediately after, that saves time and stompage. (Plus, Sit is one of those commands that auto-cancels if anything's after it, so it's an extra click for you but really no extra time for the sim.)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
I know I've had various other instances like that, where stuff only works if you help the sim position themselves to use it first---I guess because the normal pathing logic can't figure out the access route?

I can't think of any examples that are exactly the same off the top of my head...

In my game, it's beach lots. I can click on the seawater just fine from one direction, but if the camera is rotated to look at the water from the other direction I can't click on the seawater. I had to remove Inge's "Get In Sea Patch" because of this. All it did in my game was slow the beach lots to a crawl when all the tourists, townies, etc. pitched constant route failures while trying to find a way to get into the ocean.