Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 4:05 AM
Default Fix for Stone Floor Moldings in NH View
So if you have an enormous amount of patience, you can make a building much more impressive by adding crown and floor moldings, and while it looks AWESOME in lot view, the stone floor molding corner pieces ("Outer Corner Molded Belt by Triumvirate Designs") don't display oriented correctly in Neighborhood view... they're always rotated somehow, which makes it look as though they're floating in midair away from the building.

Has anyone made a mod that causes these objects to display correctly?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 3:27 PM
CJH_Lod90-Fixes.zip (47.1 kB) contains some Lod90 (Neighbourhood View) fixes from A&N, the one named TriumvirateMouldedBelt-Lod90Fix.package is the one you want. There is two of those corners and Maxis has muddled the Lod90 meshes from A and B up, that file just renames them so the game uses the correct one. You won't need to do anything, once the file is in your game your building is instantly fixed.

The other files (note some may not work well with custom re-colours);
PlayGround-Lod90Fix.package, Maxis included all of the re-colours for the playground equipment in Apartment Life but failed to link them. For this to work you will need to enter and re-save the lot.
WindowBayEmpire-Lod90Fix.package, fixes the Lod90 colours of the M&G bay windows. For this to work you will need to enter and re-save the lot.
WindowBayStorybook-Lod90fix.package, adds a Lod90 mesh to the Storybook bay windows so from neighbourhood view they don't sit flat against the building any more. For this to work you will need to enter and re-save the lot.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:19 PM
Chris, thank you very much for these! I took some before and after pics if anyone wants to see how worthwhile it is to get these fixes I don't think I understood the problem with the belt moulding so I'm afraid the pics don't show how the fix works, sorry.

originals

with the fixes

And here are some edited files with clear glass for the windows to match Slig's defaults.

Download CJH_Lod90-Fixes_clearglass

Thanks and credit to @Slig for their storybook textures I used
Thanks and credit to @Chris Hatch for their smart hood view fixes
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:26 PM
/me officially loves shastakiss

And will be downloading when I'm back in town, lol.
Theorist
#5 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 10:24 PM
Thanks Chris and Shasta!

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard