Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM
Default So like I had a question about something but after reading the off-topic posting rules I don't know where to ask it!
What forum of this site do I put questions about the site itself in? Like it involves downloading mods so should it go into the sims forums? But at the same time it's about the site and the filter system for objects so does it not go in the sims forums? Should I just put it here and hope someone explains something? Like I don't know where to put questions about this website itself.
The question in question is if there's a way to filter out custom content by what kind of file it is. I ask this because my computer can handle zips but not rars and I don't want to download any software to open rar files so I always make sure if something is a zip first but is there any secret way to filter out rar files? I mean probably not but it never hurts to ask I guess? This isn't like an urgent thing I just had a question that led to more questions.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:50 PM
Site Questions and Issues is the best place for questions about the website itself.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 4:52 PM
Is there a particular reason you don't want to download software to open .rar files? I've used 7-Zip for years (seems to be the most popular one, too!) It's perfectly safe, as well as free.
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:40 PM
As far as I know you can still download WinRAR and have the 30 day never-ending trial.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:05 AM
Thanks MSD.
Also thank you guys for the suggestions, I didn't realize file openers did that free trial thing.
I'll probably just do that.
Thank you all goodbye