Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyapplegirl
I never realized how often I use this site until it was down for a few days! I found myself thinking "Oh, I need to look for so-and-so for my game", then whining and saying "Dang it!" so many times, I had to laugh at myself. Glad you're back up and running!

I know, right? I was looking for a couple of help articles for TS3 and then I realized...half of them are on MTS!

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:47 PM
I've noticed a lot of download threads seem to have "missing" pictures. For example, this random one.
For me, picture 1 of 2 gives me a 404 error when I try to open it in a new tab.

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#78 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:20 AM
Yep, known issue.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carenrose
I've noticed a lot of download threads seem to have "missing" pictures. For example, this random one.

I've only recently, as in the past few hours, have gotten that problem...

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carenrose

All of my thread and upload pictures are missing. I can't even see my own avatar ಠ_ಠ
I don't know if it's just my internet provider playing around with me, but the site now loads on my browser at superspeed.

I think that well makes up for the missing pictures! : D

~ Turn my world. Precious thing. ~

~ Some even call me mad.
And why? Because I dared to dream of my own race of atomic monsters,
atomic supermen with octagonal shaped bodies that suck blood.... ~
Test Subject
#81 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 8:20 AM
Thanks for all the hard work here, and you'll get no complaints from this quarter, just a brief question about what happened to the "adult" offshoot site. . ."sexysims"? Get a 502 message. . .is it gone for good, or is that a part of what is still being tweeked?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#82 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:02 AM
SXS will be back up soon.

Alchemist
#83 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 11:09 AM
Dont know if its been reported but in trying to fix pics on a changes required upload I get this message:

Sims2EP9 2011-06-30 21-34-14-89.jpg:
Copy to file system directory failed. )

And just a red cross where the pics should be

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
SXS will be back up soon.

Cool! Works for me. . .I check back! THANKS!
Test Subject
#85 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 5:37 PM Last edited by josesoltau : 30th Jun 2011 at 5:40 PM. Reason: forgot one sentence
I know when you move to a new house EVERITHING is a mess. Things get lost, others found.
Teamwork and patience will get you all set in no time.
And there's a lot of that in here
Congratulations...
Test Subject
#86 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:42 PM
Give the MTS team a chance? There servers just went offline or something... they must of spent alot of time getting MTS back online. gotta do some smileysWe all love 'em

Oh its vBulletin which causes the gateway problems.. Happened to my forum.. sxs will be up sooner i wanna get some more mods lol..
Test Subject
#87 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 11:34 PM
love the site thanks for your time and energy going into it much appreciated
Scholar
#88 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Purplepaws : 1st Jul 2011 at 3:17 AM.
There seems to be a problem uploading attachments over 2.0 MB. In Firefox, upload appears complete but never shows up. In IE, I get this message: "File Too Large. Exceeds PHP's limit of 2.00 MB."

Did the limit somehow get reset?

*Edit* Also, newly-saved attachment descriptions don't seem to be showing up. Nevermind.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:29 AM
Just to add to this that sometimes I got problems to log in here, since my IE often seems buggy on sites I visit (shutting down or so). So I refresh every ten minutes, clear Cache, etc. Other than this the missing photos issues occured for me about a month ago before MTS maintenance. Maybe a server issue in matter of photo storage or whatso.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:49 AM
Default What's up at sexysims
Since the site has been back, I can't get to sexysims. I keep getting a 502 bad gateway error screen. I have tried clearing my temporary internet files and history, and retyping the address, but still have the problem.

There you go, and Wherever you go, There you are.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#91 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:49 AM
SXS isn't back up yet.

Test Subject
#92 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 6:59 AM
Default SXS, More detail?
For one people if you just read the previous posts, it has been mentioned that SXS is down, and it has been replied that it is being worked on. So no need to keep mentioning that.

However, to Delphy and others, how long do you expect it to be down?

And I for one am so thankful to Delphy and anyone else who maintains this site, without you modders couldn't upload, and mod users couldn't download, at least not all in one great place. Good luck with the site, and thanks!
Scholar
#93 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
There seems to be a problem uploading attachments over 2.0 MB. In Firefox, upload appears complete but never shows up. In IE, I get this message: "File Too Large. Exceeds PHP's limit of 2.00 MB."

Did the limit somehow get reset?

Still getting the same error message. Is this being looked into? (Not trying to be a bother, just wondering if my post was acknowledged. I know you guys are busy around here.)

Sensitivity is strength.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#94 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:41 AM
Purplepaws, I just saw your message, and since I'm the only one who can fix it... I'll look at that now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#95 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:42 AM
Purplepaws, should be fixed now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:55 AM
Thanks so much for all your hard work in getting this site back up and running - considering how much work has to be done in such a big move, there have been surprisingly few problems! The one big problem I'm finding is how the page keeps jumping up and down every few seconds, corresponding with every time the 'News' item at the top of the page changes, which makes it hard to either read or write posts. I saw that someone posted a thread about this issue but then marked it 'solved', but for me, it's still happening. So, don't know if it's just me, or if others are experiencing it as well. I use Firefox 3.6 and have refreshed my caches.

EDIT: Oh, I see someone has posted a new thread about this and you're aware of the issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447219 . OK, glad you've got it in hand!
Scholar
#97 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Purplepaws, should be fixed now.

Woo! Thanks Delphy, you're the greatest. And I mean that.

Sensitivity is strength.
Inventor
#98 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:39 PM
Since no one has yet responded to my previous post, I thought I'd ask again, is there an ETA on when we can submit new uploads?

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#99 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:54 PM Last edited by Nisse : 4th Jul 2011 at 8:30 AM.
I'm having a problem changing my avatar ... it just pops back after I've saved the new one!

*edit* Oh, sorry. Didn't notice what was written in the yellow bar above the Avatar section ...
Test Subject
#100 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:30 PM
Hi,
SXS2 doesn't work for me. i got an error message "502 Bad Gateway"
Please help
Thanks
Page 4 of 6