Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2426 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
I seriously don't understand why toggles haven't been implemented yet. You think they would have learned by now that people like options. Heck I would even go as far as being able to blacklist outfits in CAS if I don't want to see them in my game. Would it be that difficult to do something like right-click and and then choose the option: Nope, if you don't want it? I would rather have a dlc pack that just gives you that, than a pack with low-poli plastic looking stuff.

I believe reading once adding toggles is not possible with the TS4 engine...?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2427 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:47 PM
Which is bullshit. A toggle is a true false statement. If the engine can’t handle basic BINARY, it’s either developed like absolutely trash, or they’re lying.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#2428 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Which is bullshit. A toggle is a true false statement. If the engine can’t handle basic BINARY, it’s either developed like absolutely trash, or they’re lying.

It's pretty lame, yes. It's not the only thing this new engine can't handle.
Mad Poster
#2429 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Which is bullshit. A toggle is a true false statement. If the engine canâ₏™t handle basic BINARY, itâ₏™s either developed like absolutely trash, or theyâ₏™re lying.

Raising my bets to door B. I mean come on, CAST tool is out in C&D CAP - give it to us finally.
Field Researcher
#2430 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:53 PM
I want to be wrong, but I think EA will not give "CAST", because they need to sell new textures of objects that were before.
Lab Assistant
#2431 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 9:04 PM
With all the opinions everyone has given and some pretty valid points on what will/is and won't/isn't possible for TS4 engine, I'm kind of starting to lose hope of something genuinely new and exciting. I think it'll most likely be a new expansion with some sort of a twist to it that the series has never seen before, TS4 on a new platform like the Switch, or some silly bs that EA thinks we'll love but everyone will actually hate like a new form of DLC.
Lab Assistant
#2432 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 10:31 PM
THANK YOU. NOW WATCH SIMS RIP US OFF AGAIN. Sorry, but seriously. They can't give us simple things like TOGGLE and INFINATE LIFE SPAN (I'll save the "infinite life span for later) yet is 49.99$ (at normal prices) Then the stuff pack with 5 TRILLION VAMPIRES AT YOUR STINKIN' DOOR FOR 20.99$ AND THEN BETTER STUFF PACKS FOR 10 DOLLERS! Wow.. what a ton of bs. "Not Possible" Really. Oml. Sorry i needed to rant about this sh**
Forum Resident
#2433 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jo-Anne

Oh yes I forgot this engine can't do anything unless there's a poop joke involved.
Field Researcher
#2434 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:21 AM
I think I figured out what EA is going to do next. I was over on Sims VIP just lurking around, reading comments and everyone's guess at what "the big news" was gonna be from EA in the next few months.... and all I could think of was.....The next GP will be a Talking Porta Potty Pack!! The entire pack will revolve around a Talking porta potty with 3 different colors, a bunch of rainbow colored chairs. And then, just for good measure...they will come out with Pet Rocks as an addition to the C&D Ep as additional content. Of course everything will be around $10 to $30 bucks

This will be the next genius thing they come up with because "Seasons are too hard".
Mad Poster
#2435 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:57 PM
Stuff pack? Yes. Game pack? No. Though for what we know, talking Porta Potty Pack would require Tot Stuff pack to have 60% of its items to unlock. Next thing? Festival/Christmas sort-of gameplay, as it does look big on pair with other GP. Though of course weather won't come with those, they will leave it for Seasons Expansion Pack (I do think their keeping to the promise and from business perspective it make a lot sense, so I don't believe the speculation that splitting weather/seasons into individual game packs (especally when we got dogs&cats together in ep) is one of their things up in their sleeves).
Field Researcher
#2436 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:50 PM
Yeah it would be a Game pack...cause the porta potties have animations... they are interactive...everything else is the pack is stuff..you know decoration. Oh and the Pet rocks... those are stuff packs. Probably $20.00 worth of useless crap to place around the sims house or flat useless backyard.... Yeah I'm not bitter.
Field Researcher
#2437 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jo-Anne

the whole difficulty lies in the fact that it is necessary to prescribe how the world will function with the "disabled" supernatural beings. But whether EA will want to do this, it is unknown...
Mad Poster
#2438 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
I want to be wrong, but I think EA will not give "CAST", because they need to sell new textures of objects that were before.

Makes sense. They can't make crap that sells well without recycling objects with different patterns. If CAST was available for everything (clothing & furniture, besides also hair) players would see no point of buying rip-off dlc (for dlc: If that will be relevant If MFP manages to show support based how it's financially is doing) as they could simply recolor the cloned-in-the-advertisement objects how they see fit in their creative eyes. Harsh but it's true
Mad Poster
#2440 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 12:09 AM
Were they really?
Scholar
#2441 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Sims 3 had CASt and people still bought the stuff packs. Even Diesel stuff which was 90% retextures.

That is true, stuff packs will always be bought. A few new meshes will do it. I can see CASt having an effect on this, but that would just mean the developers put more new meshes in if the less sales were much noticable.

Anyway, I also see CASt as something that makes any stuff pack or CC more valuable. Because it lets you change patterns/colours on your stuff pack stuff too. So maybe this evens it out? When the stuff pack has stuff with colours you don't like, it won't matter because you can change it with CASt. I really like to write stuff pack stuff for some reason.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2443 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:00 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 15th Apr 2018 at 7:29 PM.
New meshes for the Sims is fine. Much better than getting a few RESKINS like in FPS games. New objects in a stuff pack can give you an entirely new way to play the game.

For example - Outdoor Living in TS3. While the execution could have had a little more work (it lacks architectural pieces to make outdoor spaces really stand out, same with Perfect Patio), we never got an outdoor stuff pack of that magnitude before. Traditionally, outdoor spaces were extras in other packs, like Seasons, but Outdoor Living actually brought them to life. Not just functionally but asthetetically.

Sure, you can put a KITCHEN refrigerator and KITCHEN counters and a LIVING ROOM fireplace in your yard, and it’ll look hideous. Outdoor Living makes the space look intentional, not incidental.

The problem, like many stuff packs, is that they don’t take a theme and run away with it. They don’t fill in games that are otherwise needed. That’s why I mentioned architecture. Imagine the gardens we could have if we got several structures that made backyards appear to have built in looks to them, like stone fencing, modular floor shapes that make patios look like they have curves, stone plants for the sides and trims of gardens, or even actual pergolas. Instead we got decorative lemonade and a an easel. What fun!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#2444 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Sims 3 had CASt and people still bought the stuff packs. Even Diesel stuff which was 90% retextures.

Pictures?
Top Secret Researcher
#2445 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:15 PM
So a thought....

Since the 2 latest stuff packs are usually bundled together with the latest Game Pack, what will the next be?
Because I'm wondering if they'll include the pack that must not be named in a bundle when it has requirements. Would it be a game pack that plays into pets? Would MFP be left out of a bundle?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#2446 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:33 PM
I've lost the meaning of the difference between a GP and a EP, I guess all it means is one is half price and other isn't, anyway possibly farming could be on the cards...
Mad Poster
#2447 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM
Game packs are more tightly themed and focussed on a single topic. Expansions tend to be more open ended, which in this iteration, doesn't seem to be a good thing.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#2448 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:24 PM
Seasons shouldn't have been an expansion pack by that logic. But they indeed somehow managed to broaden it yet still keep it of the same theme, like with TS2 and TS3 EPs. They did not slip in 10 different things with this one as far as I can see.

Btw, those prerendered or staged promo-images of seasons EP looks like my usual Sims 2 gameplay :P
Forum Resident
#2449 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I've lost the meaning of the difference between a GP and a EP, I guess all it means is one is half price and other isn't, anyway possibly farming could be on the cards...
I definitely think farming should be a GP. Considering how EPs and GPs are done I think GPs are the better way to go.
But I also think we won't get it this year. Grant just had the poll about farming and if they actually work with this poll then they should be considering now how to implement farm animals and which creepy new mascot full-body costume can get along with it
Field Researcher
#2450 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Candacis : 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:12 PM. Reason: some new thoughts
I already made a suggestion in another thread:

Anyway, about future packs, I believe, a farming GP could be possible. I think, farming is very popular. They could go multiple ways with this, like a vinery, or horses, or lifestock etc. A world like Monte Vista or Appaloosa Plains would be suitable for that. But I doubt this will be the next GP, because Grant is only now making polls about this.
Since we are still in summer, I could imagine another vacation GP like the Sunlit Tides world from Sims 3, concentrating on beaches and maybe running a hotel/resort. Would fit the summer timeframe we are in right now.

I still really hope that they will move away from the always cool/hip/bright themes and make room for some more challenging content. I would welcome some Crime pack with the return of the burglar, or some Off the Grid stuff.

So, beach vacation is my guess. Unless they don't want to release 2 vacation GPs back to back. I could also imagine a GP centered around Late Night/Dating.

edit:

I looked at some threads about the Laundry Stuff Pack and there are some curious object descriptions that made other people think that we will get a Magic GP. It might just be Graham teasing us, but a lot of the laundry stuff descriptions are about magic, or plain magic spells. Maybe Makin' Magic from Sims 1 is coming back.
Page 98 of 185