Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#2551 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
That girl's really likeable. Loved the moment of her being like:
"Is that how everyone felt about Pet Stuff when I didn't really care?!"

Also, I can't believe I wished people would use the spoiler tags more in a SIMS forum lol

Welp, of to watching a german Game Changer who is super specific about everything to find out if I like the objects and clothes.

That is how I felt about Get Famous - Surprisingly many people loved that pack and I was over here like "Is that how everyone felt about Pet Stuff when I didn't really care?!" MFP was a recycled disaster, but for some reason I could mostly just enjoy the outrage and be glad people are finally calling the team out on some of their bs. But Get Famous was so ridiculously recycled and empty as well, but people... loved it. And I still don't understand it tbh. The girl in the video seems to understand me though - At 3:45 she says "But in Get Famous- I say Get Famous because I'm used to Get Famous being bad."

The video was pretty fun to watch, even though it was only about build mode. I never really play in the original houses - I mostly use prettier houses from the gallery or throw some random Sims in the original houses. So I never noticed how ridiculous the interior stuff is Like what is up with all the empty rooms? Does no one there have 15 minutes to throw in some colors and decorative items? The bare-bones houses are a great metaphor for TS4.
But the lot inside the trailer park is really cool. Haven't seen that before. It's frustrating that you can't actually live in a trailer but I'm 100% sure people have uploaded houses that look like trailers, so that could be a cool lot to play at.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2552 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 8:26 PM
Do you want to watch something cringy? Watch Lilsimsie's latest video. She practically spends the whole video "apologizing" for being to critical and trying to justify why laptops are so mediocre compared to The Sims 3.

What kind of community is this in which you have to apologize for FAIR criticism and try to find reasons to justify half-baked content? In The Sims 2, Sims played REAL chess with thousands of different animations, and now if you make laptops that can be closed and used without a surface it means you can't have gameplay somewhere else? This absolute madness. It's almost as if Sim players are BRAINWASHED into believing that they can't have too many good things because it's too hard/expensive. I honestly don't know what to say. I'm baffled.

EDIT: At least at the end she says this pack isn't as good or replayable as Parenthood and she wouldn't pick it herself. Hope she doesn't feel the need to apologize for saying that too.
Instructor
#2553 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:07 PM
Hopefully the My First StrangeVille stuff pack will improve upon this.
Inventor
#2554 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:19 PM
Comments like this make my blood BOIL:

They aren't giving anything for free. It's a product you have to pay for. Who cares if you put your heart and soul into something if the final result is mediocre. Are they ENTITLED to our money, love and devotion?
I'm honestly starting to HATE what this community has become.
Mad Poster
#2555 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Do you want to watch something cringy? Watch Lilsimsie's latest video. She practically spends the whole video "apologizing" for being to critical and trying to justify why laptops are so mediocre compared to The Sims 3.

What kind of community is this in which you have to apologize for FAIR criticism and try to find reasons to justify half-baked content? In The Sims 2, Sims played REAL chess with thousands of different animations, and now if you make laptops that can be closed and used without a surface it means you can't have gameplay somewhere else? This absolute madness. It's almost as if Sim players are BRAINWASHED into believing that they can't have too many good things because it's too hard/expensive. I honestly don't know what to say. I'm baffled.

EDIT: At least at the end she says this pack isn't as good or replayable as Parenthood and she wouldn't pick it herself. Hope she doesn't feel the need to apologize for saying that too.

To be fair, EA has been known to revoke people's game changer status for saying anything negative about their products (even for those whose job it is to review products) so if I were in her position and wanted to keep getting free stuff, I'd try and be careful about how I word my criticism too

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#2556 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I didn't watch this video, but she spent most of her time on Twitch yesterday complaining. Why bother apologizing in one while ranting in another? I don't understand.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/386193170

I think she's trying to serve two masters (in Spanish: tratando de quedar bien con Dios y con el Diablo). On the one hand, she has legitimate complaints and wants to voice them out of frustration (relatable). On the other hand, she knows a big chunk of The Sims 4 community HATES any criticism and they get super defensive and try their hardest to defend developers as if they were Mother Teresa, sacrificing their lives for the common good. She's probably walking on eggshells in fear of EA revoking her status as Game Changer. I'm certain once The Sims 4's life cycle is over, most of these people are going to be honest about the game's flaws.
Mad Poster
#2557 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
But the lot inside the trailer park is really cool. Haven't seen that before. It's frustrating that you can't actually live in a trailer but I'm 100% sure people have uploaded houses that look like trailers, so that could be a cool lot to play at.

As a counterpoint- why not make the entire trailer park a lot and give simmers the freedom to either make the lot a trailer park, or reuse it for something else? Have the trailers & deco accessible via build/buy and have them sort of act like rabbithole tents- that means you can reuse them again and again in other lots as well.

Simmers have already made multi-unit trailer parks in TS4, and you could even make them apartments in TS2 & 3 (with TS2 being the best one).
Inventor
#2558 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Simmers have already made multi-unit trailer parks in TS4, and you could even make them apartments in TS2 & 3 (with TS2 being the best one).

The Sims 3 has a usable trailer rabbit hole. You unlock it when you reach level 10 of the acting branch of the Film career (or you can buy one with the BuyDebug cheat).
It's fully CAStable , has a good number of interactions and is fully animated (you can even put them in your inventory and go somewhere with them). They aren't drivable though.

You could technically edit TS3 trailer mesh and behavior to function like a shell building (disappear when you get close) and build a real house inside. I wish there were real trailers with a functionality similar to houseboats though. It's so much fun to just move freely through the ocean. The Sims 3 still had so much untapped potential...
Forum Resident
#2559 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
That is how I felt about Get Famous - Surprisingly many people loved that pack and I was over here like "Is that how everyone felt about Pet Stuff when I didn't really care?!" MFP was a recycled disaster, but for some reason I could mostly just enjoy the outrage and be glad people are finally calling the team out on some of their bs. But Get Famous was so ridiculously recycled and empty as well, but people... loved it. And I still don't understand it tbh. The girl in the video seems to understand me though - At 3:45 she says "But in Get Famous- I say Get Famous because I'm used to Get Famous being bad."

The video was pretty fun to watch, even though it was only about build mode. I never really play in the original houses - I mostly use prettier houses from the gallery or throw some random Sims in the original houses. So I never noticed how ridiculous the interior stuff is Like what is up with all the empty rooms? Does no one there have 15 minutes to throw in some colors and decorative items? The bare-bones houses are a great metaphor for TS4.

I actually like Get Famous because it is harder to get to five stars than I had expected and it was fun playing an angelic influencer streaming her whole life and an infamous actress who liked negative attention the most.
I also like how strong the quirks are, they remind me of Sims Medieval's weaknesses. I do agree, it was lackluster in content but the mechanics work well.
Mad Poster
#2560 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:49 AM
What Get Famous lacked in content, it made up for in gameplay that was fun and could be replayed from many different angles. There are multiple ways your sim could get famous and multiple things they can do with said fame. It opened up a plethora of storytelling opportunities for the players to create for themselves and experience at their own leisure. It gave you complete creative control. It has an active career that's actually kinda fun. And, added bonus, it works REALLY well in conjunction with Sacrificial's Road to Fame mod. Neither one makes the other feel redundant, which was my initial fear when the pack was announced.

I still stand by what I said when it first came out. It's the first great expansion pack we've gotten for TS4. Everything else ranged from "okay" to "awful" (with City Living being the worst expansion pack ever made for the Sims). But Get Famous was them finally nailing it.

Strangerville on the other hand is literally just Maxis inserting someone's cheesy comic book idea into the game. From what I've seen, there's no other story to tell aside from the one that they hold your hand through. There's no value in replaying it because there's nothing you can really do differently after your first playthrough. And if you aren't interested in the story at all, there's nothing else this pack really has to offer aside from a new world that's honestly not even that great.

Field Researcher
#2561 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:28 AM
Only thing I might consider Strangerville for is the military career. I do have Neia's military career mod tho. However if the military career with SV is an active one (like the ones with Get To Work) I might consider it.
Instructor
#2562 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
As a counterpoint- why not make the entire trailer park a lot and give simmers the freedom to either make the lot a trailer park, or reuse it for something else? Have the trailers & deco accessible via build/buy and have them sort of act like rabbithole tents- that means you can reuse them again and again in other lots as well.

I was thinking this when I saw that particular lot. Why not add two or three other lots there? Simmers could then create their own neighbourhood of small trailer-like homes, and have neighbours, instead of being surrounded by empty trailers. I also wondered why not have decorative objects like that plane that can be placed over buildings so we could use props to make our boxes look like an actual trailer? So many missed opportunities in this pack.
Inventor
#2563 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
However if the military career with SV is an active one (like the ones with Get To Work) I might consider it.

No. It's a work-from-home career with like 3 new interactions (salute, sparring, march), and that's it. It's nothing like Get to Work / Get Famous active careers.

Even TS2 base game has more military gameplay than this pack. Remember this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2564 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
I also wondered why not have decorative objects like that plane that can be placed over buildings so we could use props to make our boxes look like an actual trailer? So many missed opportunities in this pack.

Because the spectacle is better than what’s practical.

I’d love to see some cute mobile home assets. While the Victorian Stuff is great looking, mobile homes could have really sold this pack! I could see the team fleshing out the world with things for poorer or lower class Sims.

TS3 Supernatural has AMAZING mobile homes, btw. They’re just realistic looking enough. For example:

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2565 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 6:16 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 26th Feb 2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typo fix
Default Oh those game changers... (:

Seems like she was scolded by EA and were about to take her cheerleader license due to her attidute changes...

I also like how she says while rambling in her quick-teen-talker that "This isn't a premade house though..."....
Girl, YOU just build it. You'll be lying to yourself. Premade doesn't mean custom built. You might have by mistake twisted your tongue, but it's very fitting to your hilariously sad video of just stabbing behind your own back. She basically began throwing water on ea right after she was the one that started the arson. SMH.

Could be her moid swings tho

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#2566 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 11:53 AM
I'm sick from all the comments that reply to the criticism of this pack... Even Semaj has criticized it and people already chimed in to make sure to let him know why this makes more sense than being a well developed spinoff. He's a much more known sims 4 youtuber so they were polite since they are his fans but I wonder how would they react if it was someone else saying same words...

I can't follow the progression of this anymore and if this continues I think sims 4 will crash, badly, even amongst the fans that really like the game. EA can't continue to bend these boundaries or eventually they will break and get fans really really mad. I just hope for a 'no forgiving' moment.
Field Researcher
#2567 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:17 PM
No. It's a work-from-home career with like 3 new interactions (salute, sparring, march), and that's it. It's nothing like Get to Work / Get Famous active careers.

Even TS2 base game has more military gameplay than this pack. Remember this?

That's the military career reward isn't it? I'd miss those super helpful career rewards... all you seem to get in Sims 4 is decoration and some stuff with "emotional auras". But I don't remember a specific event like the one described...

Well then I suppose Neia's military career works just as good.
Mad Poster
#2568 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Well then I suppose Neia's military career works just as good.

I use this one too. Not really that big a difference (aside from Ash's including Marines and Coast Guard) but I couldn't choose between it and Neia's so I went with both lol
http://modthesims.info/d/622467/ult...ary-career.html

Inventor
#2569 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:00 PM
Do you want to see Sims speaking in English for the first time ever? No? Well, EA doesn't care about what you want, so here you have a video in which Sims speak American English:

It's official. This game isn't The Sims anymore...
Top Secret Researcher
#2570 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 8:51 PM
I think this is the first GamePack I am not getting at launch. Probably will wait until its on sale. Probably. lol
Field Researcher
#2571 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 9:10 PM
Field Researcher
#2572 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 9:19 PM
Quote:

Linear point and click quest a way easier to create than complex sandbox system. But good quests cling history, plot, mystery and riddles. This haven't.

By the way, Sims Medieval has a human voice acting in video, isn't it?
Inventor
#2573 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
By the way, Sims Medieval has a human voice acting in video, isn't it?

The game itself has a narrator only in the opening sequence. I don't know whether there was a trailer with actual Sims speaking in English. This one has a narrator.
Then there was THIS trailer. Probably one of the most cringeworthy trailers ever made. But at least it wasn't a Sim speaking in English.
Mad Poster
#2574 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 9:49 PM
Do you want to see Sims speaking in English for the first time ever? No? Well, EA doesn't care about what you want, so here you have a video in which Sims speak American English:

That was...actually a pretty well put together trailer. Just wish it was attached to something that's not the Sims. It didn't really convince me to buy so much as it made me wish I could replace this game's build/buy mode music with the ones from TS1

Mad Poster
#2575 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 10:19 PM
There isn't really much to say about the world that hasn't already been said about every TS4 world. It's decent enough but, then again, making a good looking world is fairly easy to do when a lot of it is just unplayable set dressing (looking at you, City Living)

Page 103 of 185