Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Bon Voyage
Default Frame rate slow down by CEP
I installed color enable program to help with recoloured hair and objects and now the game is running extremely slow and choppy. Is it the CEP or is there an adjustment to make in conjunction with said addon to comensate for this? Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:21 AM
I haven't experienced any slowdown with CEP. CEP just opens up color options for objects. There is no CEP updated for University yet because Quaxi and Numenor don't have the game yet. I know they'll be diving in once they do.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:00 AM
Very unrelated I would say. I have over 2.5 gb downloads and more than half would be CEP recolours AND my pc is not the uber and I haven't experienced any change since installing CEP.

When does the slowdown occur exactly? And what are you running cpu, ram, graphics card and OS wise??

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:05 PM Last edited by cudar7 : 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:31 PM. Reason: add on
I have only 230 megs of downloads
3gightz processor
i gig ram
nvidia 5200fx
120 gig hardddrive
Acpi Uniprocessor pc
i hope that helps and the slow down occurs rite at game entry. The graphic setting is 1024x780 at 70 refresh rate which i changed from 60 after this started happening. which was just after i put in CEP and a hair mesh with a couple recolors. i have about 1% recolors.
all drivers are updated when available.
i did up the smooth edges option just a touch for i dislike the arrowhead knees and elbows on these sims and it did help but maybe that is taking too much resorces . what do you think. thank you for time.