Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:57 AM
Default A bit of help please
ok, well i've got a computer with the following 'requirements' for my comp.

'Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 151MB used, 465MB available
G-FORCE 4 MX 440'

to make my game faster, would i just have to upgrade my ram only, or would i have to upgrade other things too?
(I dont want/need better graphics.. just a game that plays ALOT better than it does now)

thanks
Advertisement
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:06 AM
Well...upgrading your ram WILL have a huge effect. 256mb is a real minimum running XP which in itself likes 256mb. Add a memory hoggin game like SIms 2 and you are toast =) To compensate for your video card which is never going to run this game well as it doesn't have DX9 support and won't anti alias - I would buy at least another 512 stick of compatible ram.

If you were to do that, turn shadows OFF, turn lighting to LOW you could probably run the rest at medium quite well. Lighting is the one that really affects gameplay and shadows are just window dressing.

I had the same card as you when I first bought TS2 and it ran pretty ok - I just couldn't stand all those jagged edges with not being able to anti alias =/

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D