Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Pets
Default The Sims 2. Disk 2,3 and 4
Hi, My Sims 2 disk 1 has broke. Is there any way to play the game using Disk 2, 3 or 4. Please Let me know. its like hell not being able to play TS2
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:48 PM
Sorry to tell you but no, you cannot substitute disk 2,3 or 4 for disk 1. Disk 1 contains the copy protection and the game is hard coded to ask for it. You MIGHT be able to contact EA Games and send in your broken disk and get a new for a small fee but I would not count on it. You will probably just have to buy a new copy of the game.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:49 PM
no, you must send the whole game to maxis. they'll replace the broken cd(S) AFAIK
#4 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:56 PM
You can do that whitout a crack:
the protection used to control "original" of your disc is only disc one is protect
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 9:02 PM
Since this is posted already, WHY WON'T MY GAME INSTALL? It keeps saying that it can't find a file. Then I found out that I didn't delete some files. It won't let me delete them? WHAT HAPPENED? Plz help me.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 9:03 PM
That Was By Reinstalling It!
#7 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 9:04 PM
EA will replace disks for £7.50 each, its all in the booklet that came with game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 10:45 PM
Quote:
EA will replace disks for £7.50 each, its all in the booklet that came with game
I know EA Will Replace the broken disks, but when you send all 4 disks in will they charge you for all four disks or just the broken one. £7.50 for all five disks is £30 thats as much as it is to buy it new again
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:28 PM Last edited by SexyShelly : 21st Feb 2005 at 11:31 PM.
it's more than that at 7.50 a disc and there's 5 discs. All I can say is to contact EA games. That would be the best thing to do, otherwise you are S-O-L.

My version only has two discs.

Have you tried taking it back to the store you bought it from, usually, they will exchange for another copy of the game, usually don't open it up to look, just tell them it don't work, which obvoiusly it don't. this copy now is the 4th copy of the game that I have had, cause it would never read my discs, finally, I found a way around that, so I have kept the current copy. Just takes longer to get the game started up, cause i gotta wait, and wait.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:09 AM
wont any one answer me?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by friendofangelabs
Since this is posted already, WHY WON'T MY GAME INSTALL? It keeps saying that it can't find a file. Then I found out that I didn't delete some files. It won't let me delete them? WHAT HAPPENED? Plz help me.

Your problem should be caused by your OS.
You can always remove it under DOS.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SexyShelly
it's more than that at 7.50 a disc and there's 5 discs. All I can say is to contact EA games. That would be the best thing to do, otherwise you are S-O-L.

My version only has two discs.

Have you tried taking it back to the store you bought it from, usually, they will exchange for another copy of the game, usually don't open it up to look, just tell them it don't work, which obvoiusly it don't. this copy now is the 4th copy of the game that I have had, cause it would never read my discs, finally, I found a way around that, so I have kept the current copy. Just takes longer to get the game started up, cause i gotta wait, and wait.

Ive got the receipt so i should be ok taking it back. Thanks for giving me advice on what to do. . By the way SexyShely whats the way round that U use. Im not bothered if it takes 10 miniutes to start up, i just want to play it. its driving me mad not being able to play it. :banghead:
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:01 PM
SEXYSHELLY:

Your long time waiting for it to boot MAY be caused by the custom content. Mine takes a while to load too!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:11 PM
I've noticed, too, that the more stuff I seem to download, the longer the game takes to load.
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:22 PM
Default the sims
hi justed downloaded the sims 2 university but the sims 2 dk 4 updata when u try two when justed installed the sims university :werd:
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poppy87
hi justed downloaded the sims 2 university but the sims 2 dk 4 updata when u try two when justed installed the sims university :werd:

You do know there's rules, right? I think you might just break a record for earliest warning, if not banning. You went to the trouble to read this post, but you did not put forth the effort to read the rules?
:banned:
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:42 PM
Default sry
kud u help me on this then sry if i break rulez :Slap: :banned:
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Red Storm13
Hi, My Sims 2 disk 1 has broke. Is there any way to play the game using Disk 2, 3 or 4. Please Let me know. its like hell not being able to play TS2

I think, but correct me if I'm wrong, that when/if you buy The Sims 2 University, you use the disk from that instead of the original disk... I'm not sure, because I don't have it yet, but I think Maxis said you use the most recent disk. So if you were planning on buying University, I wouldn't bother paying $7.50 for a replacement disk!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:02 PM
Poppy87,

Could you please clarify what problems you are having? Did you buy the game from the store? Also, do not use chat speak in the forums.

Thanks.
Daysies