Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 3:27 PM
Default Making stuff shiftable (with AL)
I don't know if this is the right place for what I would like to do, but I will try:

I wonder if I can change some setting(s) in SimPE in the custom object package file, so that the object can be moved up and down with [ / ] (I have AL). I would really like to do that with custom curtains or, for example, a shelf, which is made before AL (I guess I won't be able to do that with Maxis stuff(?)) - only for my personal use!! I think here is something like what I mean.

P.S. With SimPE I know how to make recolors thus how to open packages and edit some settings or delete something there.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 5:26 PM
I already made this for curtains for my personal use by adjusting the curtain init bhav. The thing is, if you want to use it for custom items, you will have to change it in the bhvs per item (AFAIK)

Attached is the file I made for curtains. There are a lot of these on MATY as well.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  adjustable hack2.rar (323 Bytes, 432 downloads) - View custom content
Description: curtain thing

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:38 PM
The ones at MATY are curtain bhavs, so any curtain that was cloned from curtains will then shift. Usually when curtains are cloned the bhavs are not imported into them and are then using the game default ones. I use that mod from MATY and all my curtains shift, and those shades by Inge I don't believe I changed the bhavs in them. I only adjusted the mesh parts which then allowed them to shift more.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12998.0.html

Mirrors are the same, bhavs are not automatically pulled into the package when cloned.

Here is an image of what needs to be added, though the simplest solution for curtains is to install the mod by Goggalor.

http://www.hugelunatic.com/al-shiftable

I can't say for sure with all other cc, but I'm pretty sure if you have those mods in and loaded prior to new cc then the new cc that was cloned from one of those will still shift. That is if the cc was cloned from one of the items that there is a mod for. I'm basing this on Inge's shades. They shift but I never touched the bhav's in it, just adjusted the mesh, and I see no bhav for AL shift in it.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:45 PM
yeah, I changed the SG init for the curtains and added the shiftable code into it. I dont have any cc installed at the moment so testing is a pain. Not that I have much CC when I do...

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 6:51 PM
Thank you for your replies leesester and HugeLunatic! Stuff from MATY works great for me!

But about making objects shiftable I firstly started to think because of buggybooz's Ultimate Kitchen set: it has shelves in different heights that aren't shiftable. If I could make them shift (only for my personal use!), I could keep only 1 or maybe 2 heights in my catalog. So - should I use this technique by HL to this object? Maybe someone has already done also this for AL users?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 7:17 PM
You could ask buggy if she has made a shiftable set. But otherwise you should be able to add those flags into the shelves. If it works on a bookcase I see no reason why it wouldn't work on something cloned from an end table - which is what looks like buggy used to clone the shelves with.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
I recently found this download at SimsCave: http://www.simscave.com/index.php?t...v_next=next#new, could it be that, what I'm looking for? There's written that the shelves doesn't shift downward, why so?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:04 PM