Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:38 PM Last edited by LadyAngel : 8th Sep 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Default Help required to create cushions and pillows
If I wanted to create a cushion for an armchair or sofa, which objects would I have to clone, and how would I get them to work properly, so they can be placed on top of chairs etc.? I can use SimPE's basic functions to export and import meshes, recolour etc., but not much else at the moment!

Also, when I apply a texture to a cushion, it seems back to front in-game!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 4:29 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 1st Oct 2012 at 5:22 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3975447, 3975448
you can clone a vase which seem eaiser, that way all u have to do is extract the couch or bed u want to add the pillows to and place them (pillows) where u want them and then delete the couch and rename the pillows to the object you cloned and export it, then import it.

also i dont understand what u mean by back to front
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:24 PM
If this is a deco item, any deco game item would work. But in order for it not to be in the way for sims to use the chair/sofa/etc or walk over it would require you to edit the BHAVs for intersection.

Texture wise, you need to flip the mapping from front to back. I can't remember which programs you are using, so let me know and I can probably give you specific directions then.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 9:35 AM
Thanks for your input. I'm using UVMapper Pro and Gimp.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 9:39 AM
Thanks for your suggestion and share your post.