Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Trouble eradicating the CSI career. Please help ;)
I want to prepare my game for the University EP but according to the newspaper hack in my game, I still have the CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) career stuck in my game somewhere. I have spent all day slowly seperating out chunks of my downloads folder and scanning each chunk with the Clean Installer but it isn't finding another career. I now have the cleanest Downloads folder around I'm sure! I have been thru the whole folder and according to the newspaper hack, it is still there. Can anyone help me or give me some idea or suggestion here. Is there a weird number string file that someone knows of that I could look for? I know that if I cannot remove this file, University isn't even able to be started. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Advertisement
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:40 AM
Hmmm I know that these two (teen and adult CSI) were included in the database. These are the numbers I recorded for them:

6faf04d162c6d3b51878be569e8c5d6c.package
cb32ffefbcfd1cfc0bce2138627033e2.package

The problems come when for eg the creator makes a small change to the file and reuploads it - I need to have a copy of every version of every career to properly track the numbers =/. A change to the file changes the MD5Checksum name.

OMG! I just had a brilliant idea and tried it and wowser I am such a fool to have underutilised SimPE.

If you scan using the SimPE Scan Folder Plugin - for content it will list Crime Scene Investigation and to the left of that it will give you the package name. Try that =)

For now I am off too download some disgusting hack/career ridden house off the exchange and see what I can see =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Braveheart : 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:43 AM.
Thanks Loverat. I am off to scan with SimPe. I will report back and let you know what I find.

EDIT: I found it! I found it! *does the happy dance* SimPE didn't pick it up. I had to do another scan of all my downloads and finally nabbed the sucker! If you want to add this to the database Loverat, here is the filename. Its a nasty long one. Its ae8a843f07fac0c278c02e48df85ea12_0006. Hope this is useful and thanks for the help.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:48 AM
Yeah I did some more scanning with SimPE after downloading some real dirty houses off the exchange. It picked up most careers but not all - SimPE grabs some info from inside the package file for the Content Field - but I guess if the creator doesn't put it in it can't read it =) A couple I scanned with SimPE came up with that field blank. If only I could force career makers to jot down and report all the MD5checksum names for every package they produce...HAH!

Thanks for that I will add it to the list and I am so glad you found it You sound like me keep going till you find it or die trying!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D