Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 2:35 PM
Default Repostoried bed flashes blue after interaction
Help please?

I used rebeckah's 2-tile toddler bed as base and made a 2-tile hansen bed for toddlers. I got help with the slaving etc. It looks fine, but the bed will flash blue. I noticed it happens especially after the child jumps on the bed and it causes a jump bug which causes the child to end up on the floor; it does that if Beck's bed isn't in the game, if it's in the game the bed works as it should. So I'm really thinking something is still slaved or it uses scripting or something, I really have no clue at all.

Maybe I did something wrong. It is my second object mesh and second time slaving an item, and it was really hit or miss with it working. Screen caps and the files, so that someone can maybe look at them and let me know what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance,
Jacci
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MybedandBecks.rar (404.1 KB, 50 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:53 PM
I looked at the Scenegraph chain of your package (Ctrl-G) and noticed two missing TXMT and one missing CRES resource. A Fix Integrity made these disappear. I suggest you try this and see if it still flashes blue, but I think it likely that it will not.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:49 PM Last edited by jacciinatl : 14th Dec 2011 at 4:28 PM.
Thanks so much. I'll try that now.

EDIT: please forgive me for the n00b questions, but am I supposed to make any changes to the cres and/or TXMT because I did the fix integrity and it still shows as false in the the sceneograph, that's awesome by the way.

I tested in game and it's still flashing, so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I did fix integrity on the main RES, and then I did it in the cres window and the txmt window and still nothing changed. When I looked at the other slaved objects by hokadk47, they have the same cres and txmt falses. So I'm really, really confused.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 6:42 PM
From your description I assumed your bed is NOT supposed to be slaved. Is that right?

The jump bug is an object error. An error log would be very helpful in finding out the cause. Here is how to generate an error log.

When you do a fix integrity, you click on 'Update', then 'OK'. No need to change the model name or anything else. When the window closes, all scenegraph resources should turn italic to show they have changed.
Then save the package and press CtrlG again. In a basic non-slaved object there should not be missing resources.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 7:16 PM Last edited by jacciinatl : 14th Dec 2011 at 8:34 PM.
It IS slaved, I think any way I'm going to boot up the game for the error log now.

Edit, I've attached the log now, and I've no idea what any of it means.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N002_t6793.rar (11.6 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Description: error log
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:15 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood. It is indeed slaved. Then the missing resources are normal.

I put it in my game (without Beck's bed) and could not reproduce either the flashing or the jump bug. (It only flashed blue when I removed the master mesh and all recolours of it.) (I have all EPs and SPs).

Can you confirm that 1) Beck's original bed never produced the jump bug and 2) you always had the master mesh (not just a recolour) in the game when the bed started flashing blue?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:36 PM
Yes, I've confirmed that Beck's bed didn't have the bug, and I've got the original bed in game. Every time. It does pick up all the recolors of, it. Oddly it doesn't have the jump bug with children only the toddlers.
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:49 PM
Oh, toddlers. I did not think to test that.
Do the jump bug and the flashing seem connected?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:55 PM Last edited by jacciinatl : 14th Dec 2011 at 9:21 PM.
Yes, as soon as the toddler jumps say maybe 3-4 times, they get thrown on the floor and the bed flashes blue, you can change it right back with the design tool however. But when the child jumps there's no problem at all. I'm going to try again with Beck's bed, just to see if maybe I missed the bug happening.

Checked in game, not only does Beck's bed not flash, but the sleeping anim for my bed are now slotted correctly. So in my uneducated guess, some of the anims didn't get bought over, and they are probably the ones she modified.I have no idea of how to do this.
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 9:49 PM
What's wrong with the sleeping animation? I had my toddler go sleep in your bed fine.
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:16 PM
OK I think I've fixed it.
It was certainly not something you did - I got the same error with Beck's bed as well.
There's more on the error - Requesting animation for the third time - here.
What I did was bypass the animation that caused the error - it was just one of several variations, I do not think it is noticeable.
I'm attaching both Beck's and your fixed - could you test, please?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FixedBeds.zip (464.4 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:36 PM Last edited by jacciinatl : 14th Dec 2011 at 10:54 PM.
I'm downloading and will test now. So you got the same error from Beck's bed, did it do the jump bug thing as well in your game? It didn't in mine, but I didn't do error report on hers.

YAY !!!! It works, no more blue flashing. You are so awesome. One last question, how would I move the slot where the tot sleeps, on Beck's bed and if it's in game. The tot's head is on the pillow, however with out it, the tot is in the middle of the bed.
Instructor
#13 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:41 PM
Yes, I got the same error on her bed when the toddler was jumping on it. Because of the random selection of animations, the error occurred after a varying number of jump loops. Even on your bed, I once had the toddler jump quite long and finish without an error.
There was no flashing on Beck's bed even when the error occurred - I guess it was a combination of the error and being a slave that cause dthe flashing on yours.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 11:00 PM
Hmmm, that's pretty cool, about the level of the anim and the bed being slaved, never thought of that.

About the sleeping, they sleep fine, but in the beginning the end in the middle of the bed I attached a pic for clarity.

Instructor
#15 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:21 AM
I can't see the picture, only a black square

*I only now noticed you edited your message to say it's working That's great! (Please double-post, though or I might not see it.)

When I tested, the toddler's head was under the blanket on both your and Beck's bed. I looked at the CRES but could not find out which node determined where the tot slept, so I've no idea how to change that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:38 AM
okay, well then I'll release it in the wild then, Thanks so very very much. Anything you need just let me know. I'm much better with body shop meshing
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:09 AM
You're welcome