Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:15 AM
Default Stupid question about life stories
I feel really stupid to ask it but in pet stories its like ts2 + pets expansion ( with things from nightlife ? ) With the insimenator hack I "scan" the game and it says something like its the pet expansion ( don't really member all the thing ). So, I played life stories and notice that pet stories and life stories are the same thing ( duh ) but " different expansion ".
In nightlife we can have cars and garage etc.. If life stories is a look-a-like nightlife, Am I able to have my own car ?
I played the 2 stories, didn't see any own cars or something like that..
Maybe there is a hack for this ?

( Sorry if my introduction was toooooooo long, i just wwanted it to be clear and if i'm not, please say it )
Advertisement
#2 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:15 PM
Life stories is designed simply, without the ability for sims to have cars, because it is ideally designed for laptops or desktop computers without as much "power", i.e., older models, as a newer or more expensive computer.

It is designed so that there is less demand on the computer, so the minimum requirements are much lower than that of the regular Sims 2 games. The regular requirements are also less than that of the regular Sims 2 game so that the game won't drag on a slower computer. Having cars is probably something that was "sacrificed" from the Life Stories game in order to make game-play quicker.

If you notice, unlike the Sims 2, sims in Life Stories are only allowed to have 4 people in a house, which is also a modification so that the game will play quicker.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 12:54 AM
Oh thanks. I already know about the stand alone game for laptop etc but for the cars no.