Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
Default Is Riverview seed/meteorite/rock less?
For the life of me I cannot seem to find any seeds or meteorites or gem stones in River View, I though this was a farming community, there should be seeds all over the place.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM
I have found several gems
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
Wow I noticed this too. I made a gardener/fishing/cook sim to try out riverview thinking I can easily collect seeds and stuff, but I could barely find any.. so I moved her to Sunset Valley lol
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:54 AM
Seriously?

I find stuff everywhere!

Try the little Stonehenge area. There's tons of stuff out there.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:05 AM Last edited by CrazyAce : 19th Jun 2009 at 7:50 AM.
This is for Riverview world not Sunset Valley world. River views Stonehenge lot is a crumbled ruin with nothing around it, that’s the first place I looked for goodies, the second is the mine, but all I see there is a pair of eyes... Now in Sunset Valley mines and Stonehenge I find all kinds of good stuff.

I also noticed that there are no bugs to catch either in River View... I'm quite disappointed.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:51 AM
Erm.

If you post that you can't find stuff in a town, and other people say they find plenty of stuff in that very town, you don't tell them they're thinking of the wrong town.

Go buy the collection helper and don't call us liars. There's plenty in Riverview.
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazyAce
This is for Riverview world not Sunset Valley world. River views Stonehenge lot is a crumbled ruin with nothing around it, that’s the first place I looked for goodies...

I was talking about Riverview!

I find stuff out at the Riverview Stonehenge all the time.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Instructor
#8 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:24 AM
Eh...I played Riverview for like an hour before I decided it sucked and went back to Sunset Valley.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:42 AM
I noticed the last time I started a new Riverview game, it took an entire sim day before the various colectables generated. This may be what's happening in your game.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Inventor
#10 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:44 AM
I've found plenty of seeds in Riverview, near Simhenge, the graveyard and out in the fields. Other then that you can harvest the plants at the community garden.

There's a big rock behind the gym where often metals and gems spawn, and of course the abandoned mine.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
I noticed the last time I started a new Riverview game, it took an entire sim day before the various colectables generated. This may be what's happening in your game.

3 in game days later I still cannot find anything, I guess I should reload the town and start a new Sim... This is odd that I can't find anything.
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM
if you have the Awesome Mod you can use "lifetimehappiness" to get 50000 lifetime points and then get the collection helper. Use that to see where the items are. If you do not have the Awesome Mod, using "testingcheatsenabled" if you click inbetween the little treasurechest icon and the point values you can add 500 points at a time (it's tricky to find the exact spot sometimes) which takes longer, but still be able to get the collection helper eventually.

I know for a fact the rocky area across from the run-down swampy looking house spawns a group of stuff, try looking there.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazyAce
...I guess I should reload the town and start a new Sim...

Man this game is bugged beyond my control. Starting a new Sim and waiting a day sure enough spawned items, weird how this happened.