Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 2:21 PM
Default WCIF goth replacements for Maxis clothing
Heyas

So here I have a town full of goths running aorund in interesting clothing. Black leather, velvet lace, vinyl. And they look fabulous. And then along comes a townie in khaki and a Hawaiian shirt. Ew?

I suppose one could just edit all the townies to have nice clothes ...but

Has anyone made default replacement recolours of the maxis clothes to something less horrible? I mean we're stuck with the mesh anyways so they might as well be more attractive. Even if its just all the maxis items in black and white that would be less jarring then some of the amazingly ugly outfits Maxis shoved in there.

Thanks!
Lyrra
Advertisement
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 7:20 PM
I don't think anyone has done this, but as you said yourself you could edit them yourself or you could remove all Townies from your Neighborhood...thus not having to see them.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 1:09 AM
There are lots of tutorials out there (check the Wiki) for creating custom townies. It's better to start from scratch (making sure no game-generated ones are created at all before you make your own) but you can still do it even if they already exist, whether you want to make over the existing ones or eliminate them and make new ones.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 8:44 AM
ok then

WCIF a tutorial for making default replacements? *lol* so I can paint all the maxis clothes black. I can do regular recolours I'm just not sure how to make them override the existing Maxis ones
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 8:49 AM
Search MTS2 for "default replacements from scratch" and ye shall find.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.