Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 2:13 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 17th Oct 2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: re-categorizing!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Interaction/Pie Menu Lag After Installing Sims3Packs
Hello all! So recently I bought a new computer and I was setting up my games and mods when afterwards, I saw I was getting lag whenever I clicked on a sim. This happened after installing a few houses through the launcher. I had this problem on my old computer. This only happens when I click on a sim. I expected the problem to just be my old computer but it's still happening My new laptop is about 2 1/2 weeks old now. I reinstalled just the base game and with s3packs alone. Prior to buying this PC I made sure that the specs were more than capable of running TS3 + ALL my mods. So I don't understand what's the deal here :/ I am certainly positive it's the s3packs or at least something in them. Which sucks cause I really needed them for screenshots mostly, but for the occasional gameplay as well. But not when it takes like 6 seconds for the game to pull up the sims interaction menu. I've tried and tried to google this issue and very few titles come up. It seems to be a one of a kind problem, but I'm clearly not the only one. I don't know what to do anymore. It's so strange and frustrating. Any help or guidance is really appreciated!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:04 AM
Moved to help!

One thing to keep in mind when installing, in this case, sims3packs or even packages, it will slow down the game. This could be either CAS slowing down, Buy/build mode, the game itself and I suppose in this case, the pie menu. There have been multiple discussions going on about which computer works best with TS3. Though things to keep in mind is: CC slows the game down, and it only has about a 2-4GB of RAM limit, which with games these days is way higher usually than that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Moved to help!

One thing to keep in mind when installing, in this case, sims3packs or even packages, it will slow down the game. This could be either CAS slowing down, Buy/build mode, the game itself and I suppose in this case, the pie menu. There have been multiple discussions going on about which computer works best with TS3. Though things to keep in mind is: CC slows the game down, and it only has about a 2-4GB of RAM limit, which with games these days is way higher usually than that.

Sorry! I thought I put this in the help forum but MTS does not seem to like my browser and keeps logging me out whenever i try to create a new post, so I was like screw it. Um, hmm, well I don't have any lag anywhere else really but the pie menu. Which makes no sense because none of the sims3packs are modifications to the pie menu. They're just houses. And I've only installed like 6 of them. There are simmers out there who've had way more installed and never mentioned the pie menu becoming an issue. I thought well maybe there are corrupt packages inside of them. Nope. My laptop is capable of handling later, memory hungry games so i can probably rule that out. I'm at a loss here. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 12:01 PM
Not sure if this is any help but just a thought: Could it be you have an abundance of options and hot keys in your pie menu? I experience the same problem you have described in an otherwise lag free game and have always assumed it was all those options I have in my pie menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Not sure if this is any help but just a thought: Could it be you have an abundance of options and hot keys in your pie menu? I experience the same problem you have described in an otherwise lag free game and have always assumed it was all those options I have in my pie menu.

hey! can you elaborate on “hot keys”? I’ve tried removing my entire Mods (which do include packages that modify the pie menu) folder to install just the [6] sims3packs, and I still get the click on sim lag. Super inconvenient and annoying when I’m taking pictures and have to access the pose player through my sim. I just don’t understand what a few houses have anything to do with it O_O
I really hope I can find a way to fix it