Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pleading to social worker doesn't show up
Exactly how do you plead to the social worker? When does the option show up? Is it supposed to be there as soon as she shows up (as long as you have the aspiration benefit obviously)? When she showed up, I made sure to get the benefit to both parents, but the option never showed up so she took the kids and I had to quit without saving. I honestly think it's a bug. I also can not plead to work when fired to get back the job, the option just never shows up, and again, I do have the aspiration benefit ticked. What could be the issue here?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 1:43 AM
Plead to Social Worker is an autonomous action. The more sims in your family with that perk, the more likely the success.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:06 AM
Hm that doesn't appear to be the case. I conducted an experiment, I let 4 sims in the family have the perk, all maxmotives and with free will on, and one child with 0 hunger. The social worker came but nobody was interested in pleading to the social worker. The parents just went back to having sex. Pretty bad perk if nobody does it even under those conditions :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:11 AM
If they just went back to having sex then they deserved to lose the child lol.

I never knew that you could plead for your job back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:46 AM
In that case it's probably a mod, ACR's fault.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I never knew that you could plead for your job back.

I keep forgetting they can plead for their job back. One of these days I need to try not immediately reloading when they get fired.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:48 AM
The sims fired in my game all plead in vain - except one. I am not sure that the fact that sims can plead means that their pleas will be granted?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:31 AM
According to page 11 of the Prima Guide, "plead for job" is more effective with higher level jobs. A business CEO is much more likely to get his job back than a golf caddy or waitress.

Quote: Originally posted by Prima Guide
The chance that the boss will undo the firing begins at 15% and rises +7% with the level of the job (22% for a level 1 career up to a 85% chance for a level 10 career).

"Plead for social worker" isn't an interaction. Your sims aren't supposed to talk to the Social Worker for this to work - it's automatic. Having a high relationship with your kids helps.
Quote: Originally posted by Prima Guide
Plead with the Social Worker isn't an interaction, but rather a power a Sim's household exerts automatically if a Social Worker comes to do her duty. In fact, Sims with this benefit don't even need to be on the lot when the Social Worker comes.

Absent any other factors, a house with a single Sim with this power stands a 55% chance of dissuading the Social Worker. If the Sim's Lifetime Relationship to the minor is above 50, the chance of success rises to 75%.

The number of Sims on the lot with the power to plead with the Social Worker also affects the probability of success. For every Sim with the benefit, the chance rises by 4% (up to a maximum of 16%).
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If they just went back to having sex then they deserved to lose the child lol.

Touché.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
"Plead for social worker" isn't an interaction. Your sims aren't supposed to talk to the Social Worker for this to work - it's automatic. Having a high relationship with your kids helps.

Ahaaa, so it isn't an interaction in the first place! All this time I thought there was something wrong with my game and that everyone else had that interaction. Hmppf, just remains to see if it will ever prove itself in my game. Anyways, thanks!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:02 PM
So it seems the social worker agreed with Charity then
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:49 AM
I could have sworn "plead with social worker" WAS an interaction, available if the Aspiration levels were all checked ("plead" is the top one that can be checked). But since so many say NO, I'll have to go check it out.
Plead for Job, is via that same Aspiration thingy, only once it is checked the "pleading" is done while they are at work - so you just get a message about being fired, but they come home still having the job. I didn't think job level, or relationship level with kids, was a factor.
PS - don't know why I couldn't log in before.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..