Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Echo : 10th Sep 2008 at 2:05 PM.
Default Default Replacement Object Recolors - mini tutorial
Hi

I've received requests for a tutorial on how to make default replacement recolors, so here it is The zipped file contains a PDF - you'll have to have Acrobat's Reader in order to view the document.

Morague

PS - I didn't copy the whole thing here in order to conserve space, but, if the moderators want it I can add that as well. Just let me know.

----------
Tutorials:Default Replacement Object Recolors - mini tutorialwiki
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Mini Replacement Tutorial.zip (699.4 KB, 1553 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:06 AM
Hi, thanks for the tutorial, I moved it and edited the title a little so that it's clear its specifically about default replacement textures for objects .
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:01 AM
thank you, thank you, thank you! this is going to be so helpful!
i appreciate the effort you put in to it!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:39 PM
Thank you so much!!!

If you ever want to see something amazing check my Hogwarts Castle and more photos from my creations HERE
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:44 PM
Hello :-) Erm, I'm just wondering if you have any plans to add a section to this article for those objects that do not have TXTR sections? I'm trying to replace alot of the default textures in my game and have no idea how to recolour them without the TXTR sec. xx
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 5:46 PM
Thanks for the guide, it really helped me find my feet with the cloning and recolouring options.

I was wondering if there's another guide that goes a bit more in-depth? I'm working with global objects that need their GMDC files tampered with too, and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing anymore ^^

~~like a dirty dog