Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 9:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Need help downloading from TSR
TSR is behaving weird today. It was working perfectly fine yesterday but today I can't download anything. I go to an item's page, click the download button, and nothing happens. It doesn't take me to the download. It's like I'm not even pressing the button no matter how many times I click.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 10:25 AM
Me neither, on any browser. looks like they broke it!
Inventor
#3 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 12:30 PM
I was able to download. I am using google chrome.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 11:16 AM Last edited by Xander : 1st Dec 2023 at 11:29 AM.
Apparently, they're requiring that people have a TSR account and be logged in in order to download things now, according to one of the site admins.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 12:00 PM
Well, that explains it! I haven't had an account there since the Thomas hacking scandal.
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xander
Apparently, they're requiring that people have a TSR account and be logged in in order to download things now, according to one of the site admins.

Makes sense I have an account.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 7:59 PM
I still have my account even though check something maybe once a year. Like were there any new Halloween decorations this year in 3? Otherwise I no longer go there.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 11:44 PM
It's gotten downright awful to download there regardless lately.

Forget the onslaught of ads, the fact that they've required you to go through no less than four separate links before the actual download starts is just atrocious. I hate that site with every fiber of my being.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 2:02 PM
Like this , maybe?
Theorist
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Like this , maybe?

Yes, just like that.
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 10:48 PM
The website itself is actually where a good portion of my bias against using TSRW for any of my creations comes from.
It's a revenue machine, not a community. The few creators still exclusive to it are not worth wasting your time on an ad-infested termite mound of a website.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
The website itself is actually where a good portion of my bias against using TSRW for any of my creations comes from.
It's a revenue machine, not a community. The few creators still exclusive to it are not worth wasting your time on an ad-infested termite mound of a website.

Ads aren't really an issue if you have an adblocker. And I've got three.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 2:13 PM

Which ones? Because I get a red screen saying "you use an ad blocker, so wait longer (60 secs)"... This repeats twice! So, like things I create, I have to REALLY REALLY want something to even be bothered with TSR. I usually run in separate window, and do something else while waiting, but it IS a PITA!

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Instructor
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 11:46 PM

Not being able to see an issue doesn't make an issue go away + as pointed out, they do try to throttle your downloads if you do.
Using a site that covers itself with sketchy ads to the point of being unusable and looking like an outright eyesore is more a matter of principle than how much it inconveniences me personally. MTS, NRaas, the Nexus and beyond are all managing to get by without looking and behaving acutely irradiated
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Which ones? Because I get a red screen saying "you use an ad blocker, so wait longer (60 secs)"... This repeats twice! So, like things I create, I have to REALLY REALLY want something to even be bothered with TSR. I usually run in separate window, and do something else while waiting, but it IS a PITA!

The first one I got was the standard AdBlock way back when. When sites started implementing adblocker blockers I found two others to try out because I couldn't decide between them, and I didn't want to bother going down the adblocker-blocker-blocker rabbit hole. I've since found uBlock Origin to be excellent. Most sites with adblocker detection or adblocker blocking don't even pick up on uBlock, so I can pause the standard AdBlock and sites think I don't have one active even though the ads are still being blocked by uBlock. I never get a red screen warning or longer download wait times when using it. Plus, I can block any element on the page I just don't want to see as well.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 2:33 PM
The first one I got was the standard AdBlock way back when. When sites started implementing adblocker blockers I found two others to try out because I couldn't decide between them, and I didn't want to bother going down the adblocker-blocker-blocker rabbit hole. I've since found uBlock Origin to be excellent. Most sites with adblocker detection or adblocker blocking don't even pick up on uBlock, so I can pause the standard AdBlock and sites think I don't have one active even though the ads are still being blocked by uBlock. I never get a red screen warning or longer download wait times when using it. Plus, I can block any element on the page I just don't want to see as well.

Thanks!!!

Shiny, happy people make me puke!