Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:55 AM
Default Mod to reduce/eliminate "heart farting" and "negative heart farting"
For some reason my sims have *very* strong opinions on the attractiveness (or not) of their neighbours at the moment, and they are driving me crazy doing the 'disgusted'/'Turned off' animation all the time.

I was wondering if there's a mod to disable that animation (and the equivalent "heart fart"/"turned on" animations) around. I can't seem to find one.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:05 PM
The heart farts are actually generated from memories - usually gossip memories where someone has told your sim about how attractive they find someone. One way to reduce it is to use one of the utility mods to remove unwanted memories like the batbox or, outside of the game, the neighbourhood checker. However, be warned, these utilities will also get rid of a lot of other memories alongside the hearfart ones.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:52 PM
Wow, thats really interesting! I assumed they were related to the chemistry a sim was feeling towards the target. I'm playing with No Sim Loaded and No Trash Memories by BoilingOil, in a new copy of Pleasantview (I'm mid way through my first rotation) and the amount of 'eww' and 'hearts' animations I'm getting is beyond anything I've ever seen before.

I use the hoodchecker at the end of each rotation, so maybe that will clear things up a bit?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:15 AM
Yeah, a lot of people think it's the attraction system at work but AFAIK none of them are though sims will do the hand-wave-in-the-face thing if they find another sim attractive (which can also be annoying). It's why you see kids with heart farts - it's usually their parents telling them how hot their spouse (or illicit lover) is.

The things sim parents discuss with their kids...

I'm not sure nosimloaded shifts those particular memories. I curate memories by hand (I don't like utilities that just wipe out a lot of stuff - some of which I want to keep actually) - I nuke the attraction stuff so I hardly ever see heartfarts.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:25 AM
You can clear gossip using the batbox.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th May 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You can clear gossip using the batbox.

I said that already.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:31 AM
I used hood checker and then cleared all gossip with the batbox for good measure, but the heartfarting continues! It did improve for a little while though. I am learning my way around SimPE but I'm not confident enough yet to go deleting memories/gossip without worries. I wish there was a utility that just cleared the attraction memories so I could just nuke them every time I was bothered without wondering what else is being cleared.
Inventor
#8 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:14 AM
Would SimWardrobe's StopAllAttractionReactions work for you?

Link: http://simfileshare.net/folder/15677/

From the readme:
Quote:
This fix stops sims from swooning or gagging when they see someone they are attracted to or repulsed by. The swooning was bad enough, but the gagging was driving me nuts.

Note: Does not prevent swooning at romance sims. That is different code and is not a part of the attraction system.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th May 2018 at 12:03 PM
Oh that's useful - stopping all the fanning and swooning (if you don't like it). It's never bothered me personally but it's really odd how people's games are different. Sounds like kidhedera's game got fixated on that behaviour.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2018 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Would SimWardrobe's StopAllAttractionReactions work for you?

Ah thank you! I think thats exactly what I'm looking for. I'll update when I've played with it in for a bit.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th May 2018 at 2:02 PM
On sims behaviors and attractions, is there a hack that will allow a pregnacy witout being directed to try for a baby?
Instructor
#12 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:30 PM
You mean, a risky woohoo mod? Sure. There are plenty of them. There's the inteenimator (http://www.simbology.com/mods/index...inteenimater%2F) and ACR 2.0 (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=5669.0), both have a lot of extra options. If you just want the risky woohoo without miscarriage or fertily treatments (Inteenimator) or autonomous romance (ACR) there's more, but I can't find them right now. Maybe someone else.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th May 2018 at 5:26 AM
Thank you very much. I think when two married sims have an affair, they should have the complications thst may happen.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th May 2018 at 7:56 AM
You can set risky woohoo on Chris Hatch's JSW Adjuster Bouquet too. That also has birth control, so you can protect some sims. I can't link you though, as my computer refuses to believe that his new site exists.