Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:45 PM
Default Game freezes (infinite "processing" screen) when trying to move household/move in a sim! Please help me?
I'm having this problem with one of my favourite families (the Rivettes). The family consists of an adult father and a young adult son. The deceased mother and wife's tombstone is located at the Specter family cemetery. The two (father and son) are living in a premade house named Ginger (a small, victorian cottage), and the Ginger house suits the Rivette family perfectly. Yesterday I decided it was time for the son to ask his girlfriend to move in with him and his father. I think they are a match made in heaven and I want them to live together (but not necessarily marry yet- they just turned young adult!). I had Dexter ask Drusilla (girlfriend) to move in, and then the processing screen wouldn't stop processing. I had to cancel the game with task manager. I have tried opening the game and asking her to move in several times, but I've had to quit through the task manager all the times (because it wouldn't stop processing and move her into the family).
Today I tried different experiments with the Rivette family and the Dottington family (the girlfriend's family). I moved the Rivettes (father and son) successfully into the Dottington family home without any problems, but I don't want the son and/or the father living with the Dottingtons! I want the girlfriend Drusilla Dottington to live with the Rivettes. The Rivettes are like an adoptive family for her, and she has a really bad relationship with her real mother. I want Dexter and Drusilla to live together and have their happily ever after. The Dottingtons are custom made sims, just as you should know (I have heard of people having problems with moving in NPCs).

As mentioned above, I successfully moved the Rivettes in with the Dottingtons. I had Drusilla ask Dexter to move in (together with his father). But when I tried to move them (Dexter, his father and Drusilla) back into the Ginger house, it failed! It would not stop processing, so I had to turn of the whole thing again! I started the game again, and did the exact same thing (moved the Rivettes in with the Dottingtons), and I tried to move Dexter, his father and Drusilla into a totally different house with no luck! It wouldn't stop processing! I found out the problem didn't lie with the Ginger house, but with the Rivette family or with Drusilla.

The next thing I tried (after re-starting the game), was to move Drusilla in with the Rivette family (in the Ginger house) by using testingcheats (add selected sim to household). That worked. Drusilla was added to the Rivette household. I then tried moving Dexter, his father and Drusilla to another house and the endless processing came back!!!!!! It seems like Dexter, Calson and Drusilla can't live together or move together normally!!!!! I hate it!!!! What is it that doesn't accept Drusilla into the family? Adding Drusilla to the household with testing cheats works BUT I don't want them to forever be consigned to the Ginger house. Dexter and Drusilla are going to have kids in the future, and the Ginger house only has two bedrooms (that are occupied). I want Dexter and Drusilla to live with Dexter's father (Calson), and I want their future kids to grow up in the same house with their grandfather.

I have tried to move ONLY Dexter and Calson into another house, and that seems to work totally fine, but everytime I try to move Drusilla in with them (the normal way) or have Dexter, Calson and Drusilla move out together, it won't stop loading/processing.
I want Dexter, Calson and Drusilla to live together and be able to move out together!
I am getting really sad when they can't live together!

I don't think this has anything to do with CC or hacks/mods, since I have no problem with moving/moving in other sims. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Do anyone know exactly what causes this problem?

PLEASE HELP ME!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:18 PM
I have had this problem many times. It usually helps when change the active family and then try moving the family.

Also, do you have in your sim's inventories lots of stuff? Last time I tried to move a family, Twallan's error trap gave me notice of unknow fish. I emptied every sims inventories and after that I was able to move them and such. So try empty all the inventories? If you are intrested, here is Twallan's error trap for 1.26 game version: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....__40#entry37331

If that didn't help try these step: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:42 PM Last edited by The_Oceanborn : 24th Oct 2011 at 1:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
I have had this problem many times. It usually helps when change the active family and then try moving the family.

Also, do you have in your sim's inventories lots of stuff? Last time I tried to move a family, Twallan's error trap gave me notice of unknow fish. I emptied every sims inventories and after that I was able to move them and such. So try empty all the inventories? If you are intrested, here is Twallan's error trap for 1.26 game version: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....__40#entry37331

If that didn't help try these step: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

I can move Calson and Dexter (but not Calson, Dexter and Drusilla) by clicking "move" on the computer. If I move Drusilla in with testingcheats and then save, I'm scared that I won't ever be able to move them. Cries......

I have tried moving everything in the inventories, but to no good (plus the family inventories are all empty)....... I will check once again and report.

I appreciate your help!

I don't think removing user files would help. The Rivettes will not be in the new user files. ?????

Edit:

Newest Report:
I played the Rivettes now and had Calson hook up with Meghann Pena (townie) just to test the game. They got married and Meghann moved successfully into the Rivette house. I won't save, because I don't really want Calson and Meghann married (or Meghann living in their house). It was just a test experiment. If other sims can move in successfully with the Rivettes, the problem must lie with Drusilla.

Edit:
I have not saved during the last playthrough (I had to turn it off with the task manager due to infinite progressing time). I had no problem with moving Calson, Dexter and Meghann to another house. I tried to have Drusilla move in with them, but I noticed something remarkably different between her and Meghann. When I moved Meghann in, her icon (clickable picture profile) appeared on the left side of the screen (together with the other members of the household) right before the progressing started. When I tried to move Drusilla in, her icon did not appear. What is wrong with Drusilla? Why can't I move her in???

Drusilla (she is probably the one causing the problem):
(here is some information on her- if (in case) some of her traits or "facts" might cause the problem)

Life Stage: young adult
Traits:
Rebellious
Bookworm
Party animal
Lucky
Grumpy
Aspiration: Super Popular
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I don't think removing user files would help. The Rivettes will not be in the new user files. ?????

You're so right. Although you can take your save file which includes The Rivettes, remove the sims 3 folder, open the game and then close and put your The Rivettes save back to Saves folder.

Despite the fact that I'm very confused by all those names and families, I suggest that you get that error trap mod. It might seriously help you. It's a core mod so read Twallan's instructions carefully. (I also suggest having his overwatch mod too <3)

Sorry, but I can't help you any futher :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:05 PM Last edited by The_Oceanborn : 25th Oct 2011 at 2:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
You're so right. Although you can take your save file which includes The Rivettes, remove the sims 3 folder, open the game and then close and put your The Rivettes save back to Saves folder.

Despite the fact that I'm very confused by all those names and families, I suggest that you get that error trap mod. It might seriously help you. It's a core mod so read Twallan's instructions carefully. (I also suggest having his overwatch mod too <3)

Sorry, but I can't help you any futher :/

Thanks for the advices and help you gave me.
I have now generated new user files and swapped the old saves into the new saves folder. I tried to move Drusilla in but to no change..... I had error trap some time ago (although I deleted it together with my other mods. Now I have some very few mods). I'm a bit confused about what error trap is doing. Is error trap doing anything to the game that prevents the game from freezing/crashing/never stop loading/processing?

Edit: I was finally able to move Drusilla over by merging her with the Rivettes (from "edit town" view). The Rivettes (Drusilla included) were able to move normally and successfully to another house without any problems!!!! XD
I appreciate your help, Gelis!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Thanks for the advices and help you gave me.
I have now generated new user files and swapped the old saves into the new saves folder. I tried to move Drusilla in but to no change..... I had error trap some time ago (although I deleted it together with my other mods. Now I have some very few mods). I'm a bit confused about what error trap is doing. Is error trap doing anything to the game that prevents the game from freezing/crashing/never stop loading/processing?

Edit: I was finally able to move Drusilla over by merging her with the Rivettes (from "edit town" view). The Rivettes (Drusilla included) were able to move normally and successfully to another house without any problems!!!! XD
I appreciate your help, Gelis!

I know this post has been quiet for a while but I managed to stumble across it now (2017) while having the same infinite processing screen until suddenly things started loading and it FINALLY finished processing. I was about to end the game through task manager before this happened. But here's what I can give anyone with the same problem to work with:
1. My Sim has PLENTY friends. (I cheated my way into that)
2. There were many family members in the family of the person I was trying to get to move in with me.
3. I have lots of cc but I doubt this one matters the first two were kind of telltale signs though because of how it EVENTUALLY loaded. I'm just glad I killed time reading this thread before I terminated my unsaved game hahaha.