Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
#26 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
In addition to the GMND editing, as suggested by IgnorantBliss, you need to create a new MMAT (Material Override) for the "glass" subset.

Clone the existing MMAT and change the following:
- Family: create a new value using the Hash Generator tool
- name: put the name of the TXMT related to the glass ("jpaugh78modernkitchentable10.25.05_glass") preceded by the prefix ##0x1c050000!
- subsetName: replace with the name of the recolourable subset ("glass"); it's the same that you added to the GMND
- IMPORTANT: change the Instance number of the new MMAT to 0x5001 (from the "Resource" tab; you can use the Fix Integrity, as an alternative).

Thanks for this info, I was able to make the glass in my new armoire recolorable with the help of this . Maybe this should be made into one of those articles in the Modding Info Center? I'm pretty sure many people would find it useful .
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#27 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:10 PM
Good idea

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:12 PM
i still say they should be really nice and make a SimPE plug-in for copying a subset from one package to another :D

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jpaugh78
i still say they should be really nice and make a SimPE plug-in for copying a subset from one package to another :D

yeah push a button to add a subset would make my life a lot easier. :D
Page 2 of 2