Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Pets, Seasons
Default Larger Address aware
Hello, i used the Larger Address aware program when i have the patch 1.69 and read that you don't actually need to as the newer patches do it anyway. Will this harm my game in anyway? Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th May 2018 at 10:59 PM
TS3 for Windows has been Large Address Aware (LAA) all by itself ever since Patch 1.17, the one released alongside of LateNite. It will use up to just under 4 GB of RAM on a 64-bit operating system when it needs to with no help needed, provided the RAM is available for it to use. Not sure that using an LAA enabler would do any harm unless you use advanced controls to force the TS3 program to use more RAM or run at a higher priority than Windows wants it to, but it won't do any good either. There is an argument that can be used for reallocating RAM usage on a 32-bit operating system, but the benefit is minimal, the risk of starving Windows 32-bit of the RAM it needs for itself to keep things stable is high, and we don't see many players on 32-bit Windows quite so much anymore.

TS3 for Mac has no such benefit and is always unable to use more than 2 GB no matter how much the player has installed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
TS3 for Windows has been Large Address Aware (LAA) all by itself ever since Patch 1.17, the one released alongside of LateNite. It will use up to just under 4 GB of RAM on a 64-bit operating system when it needs to with no help needed, provided the RAM is available for it to use. Not sure that using an LAA enabler would do any harm unless you use advanced controls to force the TS3 program to use more RAM or run at a higher priority than Windows wants it to, but it won't do any good either. There is an argument that can be used for reallocating RAM usage on a 32-bit operating system, but the benefit is minimal, the risk of starving Windows 32-bit of the RAM it needs for itself to keep things stable is high, and we don't see many players on 32-bit Windows quite so much anymore.

TS3 for Mac has no such benefit and is always unable to use more than 2 GB no matter how much the player has installed.

Ok thanks for the reply, wish i had saw that newer games don't need it before hahah XD